NCAA Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 06:32 PM)
It finally just clicked in my head that the Final Four will be played in the Superdome. I understand the need to sell as many tickets as possible, but these huge football domes just seem like awful basketball venues, for players & fans alike.

How f-ing hard do you think it is to shoot in that place? I would airball every shot.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
How f-ing hard do you think it is to shoot in that place? I would airball every shot.

I was on the floor for the basketball set up for the Hoosier Dome back in the day. The site lines on the floor f***ing sucked. It reminded me of the scene in White Men Can Jump where he had to shoot the shot at backboard with the African country flag where you couldn't make out the rim.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 06:46 AM)
Any idea how easily moveable those tickets are if you enter, get them, and can't go?

There are secondary market options like Stubhub, the NCAA market, etc. Or you can wait until it is closer and roll the dice you can find someone from a team that is going. Chances are the seats won't be great. I'm sending off for two. Bad part is they get your money without you knowing if you get tickets until August.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
Louisville +9 and OSU - 2.5?

I don't gamble much anymore so you should probably take my advice and bet the opposite. My gut tells me to take Louisville, but my head says don't bet against Kentucky. IU gave Kentucky a helluva game and still won by 12. In the other game, I like OSU to win. If I were to bet it, I'd take the Buckeyes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
I say it every year, but what would it take to get Nantz off the Final Four broadcasts? Give me Verne and Raftery 24/7 over him. Zzzzzz

Verne is a much better basketball announcer than football. I want him off SEC football broadcasts quickly!

it was a gimmick play that didnt even get past step 1 of the process.

I shouldnt have put the blame on Craft there. It falls on Matta. Trying to run a trick play in that situation and asking the shooter to hold his spot behind the FT line is asking a lot in that setting.

You need some miracle to get the rebound there anyway...he clearly got it and had a great chance to tie it if he waited another few tenths of a second. Who knows if Matta actually called that anyway, could have been him. It was a hell of a move, just got a little anxious.

Matta had plenty of other coaching failures in that second half to focus on, and Sullinger needs to learn to not just quit on his team when the going gets tough...he did it for awhile against Cincinnati and he did it again last night. OSU should have won that game by 15.

Sullinger needs a left hand, a jump shot, and to explode off the floor to have a long NBA career. I know he has worked on his jumper but needs to be Garnett like with it since he will be undersized.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Matta had plenty of other coaching failures in that second half to focus on, and Sullinger needs to learn to not just quit on his team when the going gets tough...he did it for awhile against Cincinnati and he did it again last night. OSU should have won that game by 15.

No amount of coaching offsets 8-23 shooting

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Sullinger needs a left hand, a jump shot, and to explode off the floor to have a long NBA career. I know he has worked on his jumper but needs to be Garnett like with it since he will be undersized.

He has a jump shot, in fact the best 3pt % on the team. He also wont face 7' defenders in the NBA, he will be against guys like Boozer. He will be a good not great player, with skills in the post and in the pick and pop. Thats about it.

He also played almost the whole season with plantar facitis. That keeps alot of pros out for the season.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
No amount of coaching offsets 8-23 shooting

He has a jump shot, in fact the best 3pt % on the team. He also wont face 7' defenders in the NBA, he will be against guys like Boozer. He will be a good not great player, with skills in the post and in the pick and pop. Thats about it.

He also played almost the whole season with plantar facitis. That keeps alot of pros out for the season.

Sullinger isn't going to be much of a pro imo, maybe similar to the worn down version of Elton Brand we seen last few seasons.