ST: 3/25 vs Giants

flavum

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
I hate soxtalkers who read into an innocuous comment, but here I go to see if it's fun to do

Robin at the end of that interview--when asked what has been surprising for him-- said that the job has been time consuming

Hawk: "how bout we ask you again in the middle of the season"

In two years Robin will quit and decide he'd like to do something else

If it makes you feel better, I've thought a few times that Robin is one and done as a manager with regards to tenure.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
If it makes you feel better, I've thought a few times that Robin is one and done as a manager with regards to tenure.

I don't think he'll have the heart to quit, but I still don't know that I'm convinced his heart is in this.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)

I don't think KW or JR would fire Robin, but if this season goes into disaster mode with the Sox losing 95 or even 100 losses, I could see Robin resigning.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
I don't think KW or JR would fire Robin, but if this season goes into disaster mode with the Sox losing 95 or even 100 losses, I could see Robin resigning.

Robin doesn't strike me as the type to resign even if he feels like it's the right move...unless a serious family thing crops up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Robin doesn't strike me as the type to resign even if he feels like it's the right move...unless a serious family thing crops up.

Spend more time with his family?

It's hard to tell if Robin is just very calm in regards to managing (like a Manuel...ugh...) or his heart really isn't that into it...

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Spend more time with his family?

"Spending more time" as an actual motivation, I dunno, he's been doing that for years and he allowed himself to be persuaded to spend less with them. If that's code for "I have a sick ____" that's one thing, but he'd have to turn his back on what he told others he'd do in order to "Spend time with them".

No panic if there's a slow start, Kenny?

Um, no. The lack of urgency and slow starts are what doomed the Sox the last two years. If they start slow again, we damn well better worry.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
Zito hasn't been good in almost 10 years now and he's still in the bigs. Shows you how valuable you are if you throw with your left hand....

It also shows you if you have a gigantic contract, you aren't getting released.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
It also shows you if you have a gigantic contract, you aren't getting released.

Even when that contract is done I bet he'll bounce around the league awhile. Maybe a long man in the pen or 5th starter on terrible teams or a LOOGY. Something like that. But obviously for waaaaaay less money

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
No panic if there's a slow start, Kenny?

Um, no. The lack of urgency and slow starts are what doomed the Sox the last two years. If they start slow again, we damn well better worry.

Why? If we fall to say, 10-20, we only have to go .500 the rest of the year to wind up where we probably belong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
I don't think he'll have the heart to quit, but I still don't know that I'm convinced his heart is in this.

I have wondered that also. He was brought on just last year I think by KW as a consultant and already is the manager. I like Robin and hope he stays, but I would not be surprised if he doesn't

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
Back to back singles off Thornton. I have a bad feeling about him this season.

He was doing just fine this spring. Reed may be the one to worry abou and I base that on his just being rushed and folks putting pressure on the kid. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he started at AAA this year in Charlotte's pen.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
What about Blackhawks ?

I think the last time I watched the Hawks was when Kane put the puck in the net in Philadelphia and everyone was looking around like "what happened?". Just not my bag. Didn't grow up watching hockey.

So Humber looked good today.

Escobar 3 more hits but his arm is suspect.

I'm starting to dig this Sox team. 12 days until opening day.

Edited by flavum