Who are your choices for the last three bullpen spots?

striker

25 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Three

• Hector Santiago
    • Eric Stults
    • Nate Jones
    • Leyson Septimo
    • Brian Bruney
    • Zach Stewart
    • Dylan Axelrod

It's not allowing the option to choose all 3, just one.

In that case, it would have been the obvious move to pick Santiago, based solely on performance.

I tend to think they'll go with the experience of Bruney and Stults, over Stewart and Jones. Then again, they've said a couple of times they wanted 2 guys who can go multiple innings, so that favors Axelrod/Stewart. However, Bruney and Stults over their careers have been either starters and/or able to go 2+.

So in the end, Santiago (100%) and Bruney (75%) with the rest being a crapshoot.

BTW, Deunte Heath already was sent down to the minors, along with Quintana.

Edited by caulfield12

I kind of doubt that Jones is really in the discussion, at least for the Sox people who make the decisions. Same with Septimo.

Santiago and Bruney are pretty much locked in, barring something odd like an injury.

There is one spot left open, and it comes down to Axelrod, Stewart and Stults. I don't see them going with a fourth lefty, so really, its Axelrod and Stewart. Steward looks more like a reliever to me anyway, so, I'd go with him, and have Axelrod starting in AAA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)
I kind of doubt that Jones is really in the discussion, at least for the Sox people who make the decisions. Same with Septimo.

Santiago and Bruney are pretty much locked in, barring something odd like an injury.

There is one spot left open, and it comes down to Axelrod, Stewart and Stults. I don't see them going with a fourth lefty, so really, its Axelrod and Stewart. Steward looks more like a reliever to me anyway, so, I'd go with him, and have Axelrod starting in AAA.

I think this post is pretty spot on. I think they want a right handed long relief guy to be the last guy in the pen, and Santiago and Bruney have won their spots with their performances this spring.