The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.

Jack Parkman

You guys are insane.

The reason I know the Sox-Royals head-to-head stuff is all the Royals fans I fight with here dating back to college days.

People that know me (KC fans) would laugh at what you guys think.

A Royals fan? No f***ing way.

As hard as it is to believe, I like Dewayne Wise and Juan Pierre and Bobby Jenks and Oz Guillen.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,5483645.story

Latest updates...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/12428996-41...-about-sox.html

Cowley...it is interesting to know both Guillen and Cooper were SUPPOSEDLY both against Sale starting last year, if Cowley is to be believed...of course, this follows the storyline of the "two-faced" evil Janus monster wreaking havoc throughout the organization and undermining Guillen's authority whenever possible

The theory about throwing 30% sliders because he couldn't find a consistent change-up release is credible enough as a possible reason they wanted to limit the number of sliders thrown to a single-inning relief role.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/12432988-41...y-on-elbow.html

http://www.chicagonow.com/white-sox-observ...r-anytime-soon/

Edited by caulfield12

Can't believe I'm saying this but that's one article by Cowley I kinda have to agree with. Seems like Cooper spoke out of turn when he brought up Sale returning to the rotation, especially when the manager seemed to be saying the exact opposite. It's only speculation, but that may be why Rick Hahn went to Cleveland and talked to both Robin and Coop, maybe one of those "let's all get on the same page here" discussions. But someone else made a good point about how other teams are handling converted relievers this season, skipping starts and bringing them out of the pen on occasion. There does seem to be some conflicting POV's on Chris Sale within the organization.

• 2 weeks later...

Great articles. He's one talented writer who obviously was suspended one week or at least it appears he was.

You didn't see his byline for several days after the incident.

Does he have a new twitter yet?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
Great articles. He's one talented writer who obviously was suspended one week or at least it appears he was.

You didn't see his byline for several days after the incident.

Does he have a new twitter yet?

Fixed.

As Cowley goes, it wasn't too bad.

As far as one talented writer, I'm not sure if Greg is just trying to get a reaction from everyone else or Marty.

I guess it's because Joe is good friends with Ozzie, but perhaps not talented enough to put his personal agendas and vendettas aside to compile a book concept in time to capitalize on the Ozzie phenomenon.

Seriously, you have to wonder if he had applied all the time he's spent on his Twitter account to compiling all of his Ozzie columns and interviews into a book if he wouldn't have had something that could have reached a niche audience.

Will be curious to see how well the Morrissey book sells.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/cowley/1282...ts-control.html

This is getting scary.

Cowley wrote a pretty good, comprehensive, well-reserched article on the Sox.

And he's on the bandwagon again. FOR NOW.

He had to work in calling Robin a puppet and boring, Ozzie Guillen, along with the Don Cooper contract situation. But I did like how he accidentally revealed that the staff wasn't united under Ozzie.

• 2 weeks later...

this mcneil article has been pissing me off. i'll be the first to admit his thoughts and arguments are valid (you're kidding yourself if you don't have the same concerns), but i see no reason this has to be published. it is lazy journalism, perhaps only brought out because he had a deadline to make and has fallen off the wagon over the past week or so (fishing trip + alcohol).

if felt compelled to call in tomorrow, i would not argue his points (again, they are valid) but more so why this is the route he chose to take in light of all the recent (and positive) developments.

just had to get that off my chest.

don't stop get it get it

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
this mcneil article has been pissing me off. i'll be the first to admit his thoughts and arguments are valid (you're kidding yourself if you don't have the same concerns), but i see no reason this has to be published. it is lazy journalism, perhaps only brought out because he had a deadline to make and has fallen off the wagon over the past week or so (fishing trip + alcohol).

if felt compelled to call in tomorrow, i would not argue his points (again, they are valid) but more so why this is the route he chose to take in light of all the recent (and positive) developments.

don't stop get it get it

Yeah, EVERY SOX fan knows the downside to this team, we're all just kind of along for the ride as long as it lasts and enjoying the fact that we're playing meaningful games at this point in the season (as opposed to last year)...but it's almost like it was specifically written to rain on everyone's parade.

Something about it is just irksome...he did everything but lump in the fact that Courtney Hawkins is going to be a bust and that JR is cheap.

It's like what you would expect the callers to Rongey's post-game show would have said the two previous nights. Not sure why they even gave him column space for it.

At least Cowley has his agenda and his attempts at humor and he'll throw out something gossip-wise, but this article could have been written better by 85% of the posters at SoxTalk who know the team better than he does.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 01:45 AM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...,6968593.column

Not Cowley, but it reads exactly like him.

McNeil, you suck!

Isn't this the same guy that was part of the Mac, Jurko, and Harry show a few years back? He was always a die hard Sox fan. Now it sounds like he's a fan, but he doesn't want to get too involved with being happy about their successes. Yes, we are all aware of what could go wrong with this team, but dammit man, enjoy the ride! For the most part, his points are valid, except for Peavy. I don't get the feeling that he could hurt himself with every pitch. He seems healthy for the first time since he became a Sox. Although his points are valid, he said nothing positive. It was all doom and gloom. Stick to radio Mac.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 03:16 AM)
Yeah, EVERY SOX fan knows the downside to this team, we're all just kind of along for the ride as long as it lasts and enjoying the fact that we're playing meaningful games at this point in the season (as opposed to last year)...but it's almost like it was specifically written to rain on everyone's parade.

Something about it is just irksome...he did everything but lump in the fact that Courtney Hawkins is going to be a bust and that JR is cheap.

It's like what you would expect the callers to Rongey's post-game show would have said the two previous nights. Not sure why they even gave him column space for it.

At least Cowley has his agenda and his attempts at humor and he'll throw out something gossip-wise, but this article could have been written better by 85% of the posters at SoxTalk who know the team better than he does.

well said my friend, couldn't agree more

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)

don't stop get it get it

Yeah, it sure seems oddly timed...You are right, the article makes all valid points, but usually in an article such as this, it seeks to inspire some kind of debate by balancing some of the negative with some positive spin. This one just seems like he's trying to piss in everyone's cheerios, just as the Sox are seeing a little bump in attendance recently.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
Yeah, it sure seems oddly timed...You are right, the article makes all valid points, but usually in an article such as this, it seeks to inspire some kind of debate by balancing some of the negative with some positive spin. This one just seems like he's trying to piss in everyone's cheerios, just as the Sox are seeing a little bump in attendance recently.

Worrying about the Sox's attendance figures seems like it should be the least of his concerns. Hell if there was an attendance bump, then writing the Cowley/Piss in the cheerios article could get him more press.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
Worrying about the Sox's attendance figures seems like it should be the least of his concerns. Hell if there was an attendance bump, then writing the Cowley/Piss in the cheerios article could get him more press.

I wasn't arguing that it was his concern. And I don't think McNeil has anything against the White Sox. He is a White Sox fan, after all. It just seems like an oddly-timed article.