50 Worst Bands Ever.....

GASHWOUND

Nope, not at all. She thought the Doors sucked, and we're never cool. But she did like Jim Morrison, the personality. And thought it was wierd that my peers listened to that music, because, my older sister(23) and Mom listened to the same stuff, but definately not my generation.

Also I would never subject my Mom to listening to my music. She stays away from my music, I stay away from hers.

My opinion is that I understand and respect what those bands did to pop culture, and how they influenced so many band, and probably some that I listen to, but that doesn't mean I have to like them, or get accosted by people(not you guys) for not liking them.

It'll be weird if my kids we're listening to Alice in Chains, or Soundgarden.

whats so weird about it .. my kids listen to alice in chains and i did too before i let them buy it... i try to understand their tastes and likes .. its our way of bonding i guess........we swap music all the time... and i really dont mind it........gives me variety .......to each their own i guess.......

Well at this time Alice in Chains is still pretty fresh in the world compared to the beatles etc. I'm talking in 20-30 years my kids listening to AIC.

Though who am I kidding? I'll be playing them AIC while they're still in the womb :lol:

One more thing, when you say "and i did too before i let them buy it" do you mean you liked them and listened to them or were screening it for content?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Nope, not at all. She thought the Doors sucked, and we're never cool. But she did like Jim Morrison, the personality. And thought it was wierd that my peers listened to that music, because, my older sister(23) and Mom listened to the same stuff, but definately not my generation.

Also I would never subject my Mom to listening to my music. She stays away from my music, I stay away from hers.

My opinion is that I understand and respect what those bands did to pop culture, and how they influenced so many band, and probably some that I listen to, but that doesn't mean I have to like them, or get accosted by people(not you guys) for not liking them.

whats so weird about it .. my kids listen to alice in chains and i did too before i let them buy it... i try to understand their tastes and likes .. its our way of bonding i guess........we swap music all the time... and i really dont mind it........gives me variety .......to each their own i guess.......

Well at this time Alice in Chains is still pretty fresh in the world compared to the beatles etc. I'm talking in 20-30 years my kids listening to AIC.

Though who am I kidding? I'll be playing them AIC while they're still in the womb :lol:

One more thing, when you say "and i did too before i let them buy it" do you mean you liked them and listened to them or were screening it for content?

liked them before they did... i hardly screen it before they get it,my "screening" is when we listen to it in the car or i hear it at high levels in the house when they play it........i dont always agree with whats said but my kids also know its creative expression and not to take it to heart... they wont be running around killing cops or anything like that i assure you.. i just want them to be able to do all the things i never could when i was young.... the wild hair, piercings and what not.... i rule with a heavy thumb but i also want them to be able to have the freedom of expression too........

liked them before they did... i hardly screen it before they get it,my "screening" is when we listen to it in the car or i hear it at high levels in the house when they play it........i dont always agree with whats said but my kids also know its creative expression and not to take it to heart... they wont be running around killing cops or anything like that i assure you.. i just want them to be able to do all the things i never could when i was young.... the wild hair, piercings and what not.... i rule with a heavy thumb but i also want them to be able to have the freedom of expression too........

I was gonna say if you were screening, how the hell did they get "Dirt" by you?

With these lyrics...

I have never felt such frustration

Or lack of self control

I want you to kill me

And dig me under, I wanna live no more

One who doesn't care is one who shouldn't be

I've tried to hide myself from what is wrong for me

For me

I want to taste dirty, stinging pistol

In my mouth, on my tongue

I want you to scrape me from the walls

And go crazy like you've made me

For me

You, you are so special

You have the talent to make me feel like dirt

And you, you use your talent to dig me under

And cover me with dirt

They obviously forgot Celine Dion.  :puke

No, she's 26. Besides these aren't the worst bands. These are famous bands that this mag had a personal vendetta against. To have the doors on there, c'mon. Even Creed has had too many hits to be on a list like this.

No, she's 26. Besides these aren't the worst bands. These are famous bands that this mag had a personal vendetta against. To have the doors on there, c'mon. Even Creed has had too many hits to be on a list like this.

She should be at least in the top 10. Ugh.. she just whines over and over and over again about the same damn thing in every song she sings.