Sox vs LAD spring game thread 3/29

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
So it looks like the Thornton will be closing to start the season.. MEH.

It would appear that way. Hope they can get away with it for a while.

Stults starts tomorrow night, with Humber pitching a minor league game. Bruney will relieve Stults.

Sunday on CSN-- Peavy vs Latos. That should be watchable.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 05:28 PM)
Phil Rogers ‏ @ChiTribRogers

Stat of the spring for #whitesox's Chris Sale: 22/2 strikeout-walk ratio in 24 innings. He is the guy teams won't want to face.

That is a great stat. I feel good about Sale's future as a starter with us. He might have some bumps in the road (hopefully not), but he should be a good one for awhile.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
That is a great stat. I feel good about Sale's future as a starter with us. He might have some bumps in the road (hopefully not), but he should be a good one for awhile.

I'm scared to death of this kid's arm. In both ways that you can intepret that line.

The people sitting in front of me were members of the high school team (and their parents) where Jesse Crain went. They traveled to the game from Boulder. They got to meet Jesse before the game. He gave them all White Sox hats and after the game they got to tour the whole White Sox facility. It was pretty neat when Crain went into pitch, the kids had all moved to the front row right behind home plate to watch their idol.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Merkin already saying Sale has the ACE potential while Danks will be the new Buehrle for 1-2 puch..

Is Sale the real deal?

He's unhittable if he can stay healthy and throw a good number of innings without his arm giving out. It's July where we start worrying.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Merkin already saying Sale has the ACE potential while Danks will be the new Buehrle for 1-2 puch..

Is Sale the real deal?

Sale would have been the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft if money wasn't a concern