HELP Wanted: Good Classic Rock songs......

Be Good

Guest hotsoxchick1
SEE ya the 25th of aug

okey dokey.....why the 25th??? you comin out here when were on the road?????lol...ill be back the 19th or the 20th...depends on my mood......

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just got home from illinois.... lock the front door oh boy

MY front door doesnt have a lock..THERE'S always someone awake in my house.....AND I dont live in Chi-town buddy so unless ya gonna drive to NY then I dont gotta worryy if I was planning on it

EDIT:::::: :D

we have two correct answers here: bingo, yes, Golden Earring is correct

I'd suggest some real music though - if you want to live in the past, Janis Joplin - early Neil Young - the Hair soundtrack - everything by the Beatles - CSN and/or CSN&Y - and the brand new re-release of the Who's Live at Leeds that now for the first time contains the entire Tommy performance

the hair soundtrack.... nice.... how about jesus christ superstar?

okey dokey.....why the 25th??? you comin out here when were on the road?????lol...ill be back the 19th or the 20th...depends on my mood......

NA I aint comin to Chi-town then....... :lol: .....THAT'S when Ill be back....HERE ill fix it....TALK to you on the 25th

:begood

the hair soundtrack.... nice.... how about jesus christ superstar?

i prefer the movie JC Superstar soundtrack to the original release - how about you? I think the movie sountrack version is more lively

fuzzy on this... i got a 2-disc recording.... dont know if it is from the movie

then you have no taste

Hush is one of the great songs of all time

Smoke on the water

kentucky woman

the list goes on and on

WELLIN sayin thats is crap because everyone my age hates classic rock.......

what does your age have to do with it?

and aren't you the person who started this thread looking for classic rock suggestions?????????

I am my age and I despise classic rock as a format or genre and will not allow it on anything I own

but despite it being the Lawrence Welk format of my generation (what ever happened to hope I die before I get old) their is a lot of great music from that era and Deep Purple gave us some of it - there is great music from every era and one should appreciate it all and not limit one's self -

but classic rock as a format is for old people who refuse to learn anything new - IMHO (and watch me get flamed by a bunch of future AARPers for that!)

and Deep Purple rocks! :headbang

then you have no taste

Hush is one of the great songs of all time

Smoke on the water

kentucky woman

the list goes on and on

WELLIN sayin thats is crap because everyone my age hates classic rock.......

what does your age have to do with it?

and aren't you the person who started this thread looking for classic rock suggestions?????????

I am my age and I despise classic rock as a format or genre and will not allow it on anything I own

but despite it being the Lawrence Welk format of my generation (what ever happened to hope I die before I get old) their is a lot of great music from that era and Deep Purple gave us some of it - there is great music from every era and one should appreciate it all and not limit one's self -

but classic rock as a format is for old people who refuse to learn anything new - IMHO (and watch me get flamed by a bunch of future AARPers for that!)

and Deep Purple rocks! :headbang

Me thinks a guy with eminem as his musical hero will not get a lot of praise for his mucsical taste or knowledge....

Deep Purple....that is classic rock. Smoke on the Water had got to be my favorite classic rock song. You gotta like the guitar in that. f***ing awesome.

Can't go wrong with a little Lynyrd Skynyrd(I think I spelled that right). Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, and That Smell are all good tunes.

Aerosmith is pretty damn good too. Several good ones from him(Ragdoll, Janie's got a gun, Crying, Dream On(which is my favorite Aerosmith song), and several other Aerosmith songs too).

Queen is good too....Fat Bottomed Girls, Another one bites the dust, Bohemian Rhapsody, We will rock you, We are the champions(those two should be back-to-back), Crazy Little Thing called love

Boston, who's already been mentioned

Led Zeppelin, who has also already been mentioned.

Hendrix is stellar....Purple Haze and Foxy Lady are my personal favorites from him.

Kiss is great too :P (that tongue is supposed to be longer though)

ACDC is good....several good ones from them

Santana will undoubtedly have some killer guitar, if you're into that

The Who is always good

The Doors are great(just don't get peed on! :D )

Bob Dylan has a few good ones

The Rolling Stones have several good songs(though some of them say some not so nice things)

Tom Petty is a good one

There are a ton. If I can think of some more artists, I'll let ya know

One more thing.... :begood

A couple of corrections here...... Frankenstien was done by The Edgar Winter Group, not Johnny Winter. It was on the album "They Only Come Out at Night" as was another hit, "Free Ride".

Also misnamed as a Johnny Winter hit, was Rock-n-Roll Hootchie Koo. That was by Rick Derringer.

Anything off of "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd is classic.

And for you Michiganders, how can you not mention Grank Funk Railroad or Bob Seger? :huh:

And now that I think about it... noone from Chicago mentioned Styx!

By the way... Not a "rocker" but Lady by Styx is one of my all time favorites.

Baa haa haa Yas!! You beat me by a few hours. Do you ever sleep..? :P

we have two correct answers here: bingo, yes, Golden Earring is correct

I'd suggest some real music though - if you want to live in the past, Janis Joplin - early Neil Young - the Hair soundtrack - everything by the Beatles - CSN and/or CSN&Y - and the brand new re-release of the Who's Live at Leeds that now for the first time contains the entire Tommy performance

I can't believe it took to page 4 for someone to say the greatest band of all time

The Beatles!

I would amend it to any Beatles song from the Rubber Soul album on to the end.

Harley Davidson has a great cd of road songs, as I recall some of cuts are

Magic carpet ride

Get your motor running

etc.

I'm partial to Feelin' Alright by Joe Cocker

A few Who cuts are always tasty

A couple of corrections here...... Frankenstien was done by The Edgar Winter Group, not Johnny Winter.  It was on the album "They Only Come Out at Night" as was another hit, "Free Ride".

Also misnamed as a Johnny Winter hit, was Rock-n-Roll Hootchie Koo.  That was by Rick Derringer.

Anything off of "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd is classic.

And for you Michiganders, how can you not mention Grank Funk Railroad or Bob Seger? :huh:

Pink Floyd! How the hell did I forget him?

Just another brick in the wall is great.

Also...did anyone mention Alice Cooper? I think HSC, but I can't remember. That school's out song is a must after school has been dismissed for the last time and summer vacation starts.

And now that I think about it... noone from Chicago mentioned Styx!

By the way... Not a "rocker" but Lady by Styx is one of my all time favorites.

Baa haa haa Yas!! You beat me by a few hours. Do you ever sleep..? :P

Every day, Darlin'. Keyword being "day".

OK, this is for a car ride, right?

Here is a solid 12-song classic rock CD of driving tunes:

1) Hot For Teacher, Van Halen(20 years ago counts as classic IMHO)

2) Summertime Blues, Blue Cheer

3) Mississippi Queen, Mountain

4) Keep Playin' that Rock and Roll, White Trash

5) Radar Love, Golden Earring(Even the 1989 White Lion cover version isn't bad)

6) Crossroads, Cream

7) Can't Turn You Loose, Otis Redding(Often recognized as "The Blues Brothers Theme")

8) More Than A Feeling, Boston

9) Rip This Joint, Rolling Stones

10) 20th Century Boy, T. Rex

11) Badlands, Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band

12) No Feelings, Sex Pistols