Aaron Rowand released

chisoxfan09

Grinder rule #283c. Fine. I don't need a team anyway. I'll win the World Series myself and give the trophy to 2nd place as a consolation prize.

Hope he catches on somewhere, although I don't see it happening before the season starts. Maybe he goes the Clemens route, just with a little less greeting the shrieking masses from a perch in the owner's suite during a 7th Inning Stretch. Someone will pick him up because the last outfielder on their bench gets hurt and no one will notice. Two rings ain't too shabby- Thome's making himself play 1B just for the chance to get one.

If he is willing to play in AAA, we definitely should sign him. Why not? I think that I have a plan for Rowand. Learn how to play all of the other positions...increases his chances of making a team. That is a grinder rule to me. "If you cannot make the roster at your current position, find another position until you make the roster."

But I think that he will find a MLB team that needs an utility OF.

Well, I don't think that this is entirely Ozzie's decision. Also, Marlins have to take the player who they think is better right now and that probably is Kearns (who beat out Rowand).

Rowand signed a minor league contract with the Marlins. But he was released which gives him the chance to catch on with another team. This is what I thought Dan Johnson would do after not making the White Sox roster. But, we will still have Lamar Lance Dan Johnson in our minor league system.