Sox vs KC spring thread 3/30

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
Only 1 missed day for Rios is good, I guess (assuming he actually wants to be int he lineup this year).

It sure does seem like there have been a lot of ST injuries around baseball this year, so if the team can go into Opening Day fully healthy (sans Brandon Short, who was never in the 25 man roster discussion and doesn't count), that is a win.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
Ugh... I hate Physioc and Hudler and now they're the Royals broadcasters...

No, I think they're just doing the game for MLB.com.

Normally, on the RSN, it should be Bob David and Ryan Levebvre, the one who got into it with Milton Bradley and the manager's son.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
No, I think they're just doing the game for MLB.com.

Normally, on the RSN, it should be Bob David and Ryan Levebvre, the one who got into it with Milton Bradley and the manager's son.

They were talking about them as if they're the new team. This feed is FS Kansas City...

Perhaps Stults was always a long shot to make the team, but his ERA's still around the low 3's, 3.38.

The main question is do they want to let Stewart and Axelrod both continue to work as starters at Charlotte?

You can see them going with Bruney and Stults as the last guy out of the bullpen/spot starter/innings eater in blowouts.

Going by how they're talking, you'd have to think they will keep Stewart in the pen and send Axelrod down.

7 K's for Dunn now in 45 AB's, but most of them have come in the last week.

Still, he would have 2 game stretches last year where he'd record that many strikeouts.

A no-hitter by O'Sullivan through 4 2/3rd.

Alexei Ramirez of all people walked to break up the perfect game.

Shades of last year against the Royals with the offense.

If Cain can hit this well in the regular season, they'll finally start getting a return on that Greinke deal. It doesn't seem like Esocbar is ever going to be more than a good field/no hit type of SS.

Didn't realize Bruney had such a low ERA, 0.73. Of course, saying that, he's officially jinxed for this game and will surrender multiple runs. And his fastball's only at 90 or 91 on the radar, that's not going to work in the regular season. He used to throw 94-97 when he was with the Yankees and D-Backs.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Perhaps Stults was always a long shot to make the team, but his ERA's still around the low 3's, 3.38.

The main question is do they want to let Stewart and Axelrod both continue to work as starters at Charlotte?

You can see them going with Bruney and Stults as the last guy out of the bullpen/spot starter/innings eater in blowouts.

Going by how they're talking, you'd have to think they will keep Stewart in the pen and send Axelrod down.

I think Stewart is making the team. It sounds like Bruney vs Jones for the last spot. Personally, I like Bruney for a couple innings at a time in blowout games. Jones will probably get the call up at some point this season. Scott Merkin thinks Jones is making the team out of spring training, but I don't buy that yet.

Of course now Bruney is in there now and went 3-0 on the first hitter before giving up a hit, and then walked the second batter.

And now a double. Nate Jones, your table is ready.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
I think Stewart is making the team. It sounds like Bruney vs Jones for the last spot. Personally, I like Bruney for a couple innings at a time in blowout games. Jones will probably get the call up at some point this season. Scott Merkin thinks Jones is making the team out of spring training, but I don't buy that yet.

Of course now Bruney is in there now and went 3-0 on the first hitter before giving up a hit, and then walked the second batter.

And now a double. Nate Jones, your table is ready.

I got the impression that Bruney already made the team, and the last spot was down to Stewart vs. Jones, although I'd still prefer Axelrod there he just hasn't eanred it..

Reed

Thornton

Santiago

Ohman

Crain

Bruney

Van Schouwen reporting Bruney yelled as he threw pitch to Butler that was hit for a double. AJ went to check on him, but he's ok.

You know, for a mouthpiece like Merkin to say he thinks Jones and Stewart are making the team, maybe he knows how they're leaning. Bruney may have pitched his way off tonight.

So the pen is probably:

Stewart (long relief)

Jones

Ohman-L

Reed

Santiago-L

Crain

Thornton-L (closer)