One Player ~ One Achievement

Texsox

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Just curious, but do people think Alexis Ramirez has lived up to expectations? Was he projected to be more than what he is at the plate? Certainly his glove has, but offensively?

For a 4 year, $6 million deal, yeah he's exceeded expectations.

After 2008 I really did expect more from him with the bat than we've seen, but he was so good with the bat in 2008 that he set himself a high standard. Since then though, he's become more than expected with the glove.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
Just curious, but do people think Alexei Ramirez has lived up to expectations? Was he projected to be more than what he is at the plate? Certainly his glove has, but offensively?

When we signed him most people thought he would have to spend at least one or two seasons in the minors before he'd be ready to contribute with the big club but he jumped right in as a rookie and hasn't given up his position since. He's more than exceeded any expectations I had of him, he's a top 5 player at his position overall which I think exceeds even the wildest of expectations placed on him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Just curious, but do people think Alexei Ramirez has lived up to expectations? Was he projected to be more than what he is at the plate? Certainly his glove has, but offensively?

He's been close to what I figured. I expected more power, but that was also a different era.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 10:42 PM)
In one thread you predict 175 IP for Sale, in another you precidt TJS. Which side are you on?

This was not what I'm "Predicting", it's what I'm "Wishing will happen" in this thread. 175 innings and no injuries would be great!

I want that kid to be healthy, I'm just terrified. He threw 71 innings last year. 71. A short season of barely 150 innings would be double what he threw last year, and the Verducci effect rule is "dont' add more than 30". For a guy whose mechanics were questioned before the draft, and whose stuff reminds me of Liriano so much it's scary...eek.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
This was not what I'm "Predicting", it's what I'm "Wishing will happen" in this thread. 175 innings and no injuries would be great!

I want that kid to be healthy, I'm just terrified. He threw 71 innings last year. 71. A short season of barely 150 innings would be double what he threw last year, and the Verducci effect rule is "dont' add more than 30". For a guy whose mechanics were questioned before the draft, and whose stuff reminds me of Liriano so much it's scary...eek.

Does that rule even apply to people going from reliever to starter?