Sox @ Reds

justBLAZE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
:lolhitting

What, it's his last start before the actual season and he threw 105 last outing. Backing off to 70 is not out of the ordinary here, but if no one said that then everyone would assume he was hurt if he was pulled after 3.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
What, it's his last start before the actual season and he threw 105 last outing. Backing off to 70 is not out of the ordinary here, but if no one said that then everyone would assume he was hurt if he was pulled after 3.

I just thought it was funny you are assuming it will take him 70 pitches to get through 3 innings.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
I just thought it was funny you are assuming it will take him 70 pitches to get through 3 innings.

That's the official statement. He's scheduled to throw either 70 pitches or 3 innings. I guess there's a "Whichever comes first" or "Whichever comes second" somewhere in there, but that's unclear.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
Viciedo has a chance (not to be pessimistic)...but a chance to be a colossal disappointment. Defense just there--oh boy.

He has been overrated by the Sox organization and some Sox fans because he is all there is in the minors.

Lets hope VissAYE-ado gives us a few months of lucky BABIP performance similar to 2010...and then involve him in a package deal midyear where we get something very nice back

Like with Danks to NY for Granderson and Pineda!

Edited by Princess Dye

Konerko's in midseason "long at bat, you're not getting me out" form.

And then he hammers the ball on the ground right up the middle, to the point the pitcher had to jump over it. Thing of beauty.

Apparently Paulie is 14 for his last 23.

Manto interview. Says that Rios was trying to pull everything last year when they came in so they're really working on having him go the opposite way. Beckham they tried to get him to simplify things down and he feels like things have worked better the last 2.5 weeks, refers to Beckham being "Really hard on himself". Viciedo isn't there yet but needs to get his at bats in. Konerko's fine, Manto hasn't had to say 2 words to him all spring, he's a machine. TFLOW working to get off the fastball to be able to better adapt to offspeed stuff. Escobar "not trying to do too much".

Peavy in a whole heap o trouble in the 3rd.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Was Hawk talking about Brian Anderson just now? Or maybe Josh Fields?

Well, we've faced Fields this season, and I believe Anderson is still around somewhere as a pitcher, but I'm guessing that was Anderson. What other young players have we brought up since Walker was around who have completely washed out of baseball?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
TFLOW working to get off the fastball to be able to better adapt to offspeed stuff.

Is this the right thing to do with Flowers? I don't know that I see him as someone who needs "fixing". What if he's just a patient fastball hitter who has some pop?

To me the main question is can he catch, and if so..I don't need major changes offensively from him. If he can't, then he doesn't play.

Waiting for someone to chime in with a "Peavy is worthless" comment at some point.

4 runs given up, 7 hits.

Willie Harris appearance.

Hector Santiago with two consecutive K's.

It would be ironic if the ace of the team turns out to be someone who wasn't even in the Top 20 or 30 list coming into 2011, and neither Peavy or Sale.

That's the fun part about baseball, though.

Edited by caulfield12