2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
Any idea to where?

The only thing I've heard is he told the team tonight that he is going to ask for his release. Maybe Muller can convince him to stay but it sure sounds like he is out of here.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The New York Times is reporting that the NCAA is looking into Nerlens Noel, a top prep recruit who has committed to play at national champion Kentucky next season.

The newspaper said Tuesday that two members of the NCAA enforcement staff went to Everett, Mass., this week to inquire about the 6-foot-10 Noel, who attended Everett High School for two years but is now at the Tilton School in New Hampshire.

Everett High principal Louis Baldi told the newspaper he met with NCAA investigators for 75 minutes. He didn't reveal specific details, and said the NCAA officials "didn't ask me any investigative-type questions."

Tilton headmaster Jim Clements said he had not heard from the NCAA. He said he expected Noel to graduate at the end of next week.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/bask...l#ixzz1uNtMikIG

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Awesome. You know eventually they are going to be investigated. If coach Cal is rumored to go to the NBA then we know for sure.

Kentucky is in big trouble whenever he leaves. It will be like IU after Sampson.

I'm disappointed to see the IU-Kentucky series end. I'm torn about the differing opinions since the only IU-UK game I have been to was in Freedom Hall. There was something special about the arena split into two halves, red and blue. I also understand the allure of playing on campus and the student involvement at home.

It seems to me a simple compromise would be to settle on a four year deal. playing home and home, one game in Indy and one game in Louisville.

It is kind of funny that Kentucky is the one that moved it to campus sites after they had been playing the split neutral format for several years. I do think there is merit to Calipari not wanting to lose at home next year and also that he feels like having half a stadium filled with blue in Indy would help his recruiting efforts in Indiana, especially the Indy area.

I do think there is merit to Calipari not wanting to lose at home next year and also that he feels like having half a stadium filled with blue in Indy would help his recruiting efforts in Indiana, especially the Indy area.

And there is equal merit to Crean not wanting to have half a stadium filled with blue in Indy to help Kentucky's recruiting efforts.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 11, 2012 -> 07:07 AM)
And there is equal merit to Crean not wanting to have half a stadium filled with blue in Indy to help Kentucky's recruiting efforts.

Maybe 10 years ago, but I don't think that matters as much in recruiting nowadays. With AAU teams travelling everywhere & the worldwide leader broadcasting so many games, kids already know all about Kentucky long before. The arena will be half full with Indiana fans anyway, the kids will enjoy the atmosphere, but it won't suddenly turn them into Kentucky commits.

I think the neutral site would have been done, had IU not already had a few games in Indy during the non-conf and the fact that UL wouldn't let UK/IU use the Yum Center. Seems Crean was NOT taking his team to Freedom Hall. Heard that place has gone downhill BIG time.

2012 B1G - ACC Challenge

Tuesday, Nov. 27

Minnesota @ Florida State

North Carolina @ Indiana

NC State @ Michigan

Maryland @ Northwestern

Iowa @ Virginia Tech

Nebraska @ Wake Forest

Wednesday, Nov. 28

Purdue @ Clemson

Ohio State @ Duke

Georgia Tech @ Illinois

Michigan State @ Miami, FL

Boston College @ Penn State

Virginia @ Wisconsin

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
Wow, I bet the odds of me getting into Cameron wouldnt be good. That may be my only chance to go there.

I know they have been having some attendance issues recently with their student section. Not sure if that would help an opposing fan.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
Interesting. One and done has never really been Izzo's style.

True, he could have one this year as well.

I've heard everything from northwestern to kentucky, lately its been MSU. Who the f*** knows with this kid. The downside is that his coach is a huge mentor for him and he seems to have his hand out to big time programs to advance his career.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Im not really well versed on mormonism, but I am curious, can Jabari Parker forgo his mission and just go to college and play? Or is that a "sorry, you are no longer mormon" dealbreaker

Yes, Steve Young and Danny Ainge did this.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
True, he could have one this year as well.

I've heard everything from northwestern to kentucky, lately its been MSU. Who the f*** knows with this kid. The downside is that his coach is a huge mentor for him and he seems to have his hand out to big time programs to advance his career.

Well, at least Northwestern would finally get in the tournament.