2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 06:57 AM)
Not even a courtesy mention of the state school. Thanks again Bruce Weber.

Sounds like Illinois would be in the conversation if Weber was still there.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:32 AM)
I'd rather not get pointlessly strung along and given false hope than get a courtesy mention in his top 10. If it obviously wasn't going to happen I'd rather know now, as I'm sure the staff would as well.

That's a good point. I always figured it was a pipe dream to get him anyway, this way Groce doesn't have to waste his time recruiting someone he can't get. It just shows how far Illinois has fallen though, if the top player in the state doesn't even have them in the top 10.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
That's a good point. I always figured it was a pipe dream to get him anyway, this way Groce doesn't have to waste his time recruiting someone he can't get. It just shows how far Illinois has fallen though, if the top player in the state doesn't even have them in the top 10.

This. I think the writing was on the wall the first time Groce met him the Parkers. They basically told him there's no way we can build a relationship in time. It would have been dumb for Parker to come here for a year on a mediocre team anyway. So whatever, focus on Nunn and then get some of the top guys in 2014 and 2015.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
I'm not holding my breath...but it's not like there wouldn't be top-tier guys that would wanna come play with him too, making a rather quick turnaround.

Better to be on the list than off it at this point, I guess ;)

Its MSU depending on how much Cal pays his AAU coach for him. DePaul would be awesome though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Its MSU depending on how much Cal pays his AAU coach for him. DePaul would be awesome though.

No, not really. The Parkers seem wayy different than say Anthony Davis' dad, for example. Sonny and his wife sure aren't gonna be swayed by the Irvins. The outliers on the list reflect the family connections, beliefs, etc.

And yeah, the consensus seems to be MSU, with Duke right behind, but who knows?? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. And my hopes aren't really up at all. I'll go insane if it happens though. I'd even get season tickets again at the ol' AA dump.

Some people say Rose was wayy closer to coming DePaul than most people will ever know, but what good does that do us?? That's why I sure as hell am not gonna get excited at all about it unless it actually happens.

I think it will be MSU too. Parker changed his phone number before the whole "unlimited texts and calls" rule last month. Only coach he gave his new number to was Izzo.

I think it would be awesome if he went to DePaul. Rose was down to Memphis and Indiana. Would have been even worse for Kelvin and IU had that transpired...

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
:notworthy

As for Pearl on ESPN, he's absolutely going to kill it. He'll be great for them.

Definitely has the personality for it, but his voice might bother me. It'll probably be better now that he's not coaching, though.