2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 10:19 AM)
That thing is incredible. Zero reason to pay them...if you were stud, why the hell wouldn't you go to Kentucky? I'd be in.

Instant ticket to the NBA, great chance at a final 4 trip, opulence right on campus... Yeah, he doesn't even have to be dirty at this point.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha damn I thought you all knew this already or I would have posted it earlier. Yea, it's insane. He doesn't even have to use WWW or his shady ways anymore. And yes, Indiana and Purdue players have to stay in crappy dorms too. It's ridiculous.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
Haha damn I thought you all knew this already or I would have posted it earlier. Yea, it's insane. He doesn't even have to use WWW or his shady ways anymore. And yes, Indiana and Purdue players have to stay in crappy dorms too. It's ridiculous.

I am sure this will be the next wave of building done at college campuses. You can bet other programs won't get left behind. It used to be practice facilities. Now that everyone has them, I'll bet these dorms are the next big thing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
I am sure this will be the next wave of building done at college campuses. You can bet other programs won't get left behind. It used to be practice facilities. Now that everyone has them, I'll bet these dorms are the next big thing.

I worked in University Housing at UI for a couple years, saw most of the plans for the new buildings (they're replacing the 6-pack, the largest student housing area, and also current home to student-athletes). I didn't see any plans for a special building like that, and considering those dorms are the closest to all things athletic on campus I'd be surprised if they were building elsewhere. Then again, maybe a few floors are just going to receive some special upgrades (the new buildings as a whole are/going to be gorgeous).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)

Completely agree, the elite programs that have money for this will jump on board.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
UK is also now reportedly getting an ESPN reality show for their upcoming season. Like they need anymore help recruiting. What a joke.

I would have a problem if the NCAA allowed that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
I would have a problem if the NCAA allowed that.

LOL, seriously? Its been going on in football for years and in the Big Ten for bball as well (thought its all teams). Nothing wrong with it whatsoever other than the fact not every program would be open to it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
LOL, seriously? Its been going on in football for years and in the Big Ten for bball as well (thought its all teams). Nothing wrong with it whatsoever other than the fact not every program would be open to it.

Well if its just going to be a replication of what the Big 10 is doing with the journey its no big deal.

But if its going to be Kentucky meets Jersey Shore (what I was imagining) then you really dont want to be taping that.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Well if its just going to be a replication of what the Big 10 is doing with the journey its no big deal.

But if its going to be Kentucky meets Jersey Shore (what I was imagining) then you really dont want to be taping that.

Ohio State had a training days special this offseason on ESPN. Multiple episodes and a hour long finale.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)

I think this is a whole other animal. The bigten network isn't a HUGE network like ESPN. It also shows all of the teams in the conference. This is going to be a TV show, on a national network available to everyone, about one team.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)

And the Journey doesn't favor one school or another. It spreads the wealth so to speak.

And I'd mostly have a problem with it because its Kentucky and Calipari.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
I think this is a whole other animal. The bigten network isn't a HUGE network like ESPN. It also shows all of the teams in the conference. This is going to be a TV show, on a national network available to everyone, about one team.

I'm sure the Yankees are pissed.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)

Duke, oklahoma, Bama, OSU have all had more than 5 episodes of a reality show on ESPN.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
And the Journey doesn't favor one school or another. It spreads the wealth so to speak.

And I'd mostly have a problem with it because its Kentucky and Calipari.

This has been done on ESPN with multiple other schools before. I dont understand the outrage.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
Ohio State had a training days special this offseason on ESPN. Multiple episodes and a hour long finale.

Yeah but they werent following the players around to parties and at night (which is what I was imagining.)

If its just nonsense like that who cares.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
Yeah but they werent following the players around to parties and at night (which is what I was imagining.)

If its just nonsense like that who cares.

It appears to be all access on the program not the player's social lives from what I gather which is just like the 7 part series Ohio State just did. It showed a tiny bit on the players themselves but focused alot on the program and the coaches which makes alot of sense since Coach Cal is an ego maniac.