2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
Lame, Florida/Georgetown gets called at the half too. Make sure you can actually manage these games on the carriers before you schedule them!

keep it out west or just scrap the idea of ship basketball.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Less bugged by the extension than by the way it was announced. On the court, right before tipoff in a cheerleading fashion? Really?

Could they have done it any other way with Crean? Mr. Clap-a-lot? He is an attention whore. *ends anti-IU rant*

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Could they have done it any other way with Crean? Mr. Clap-a-lot? He is an attention whore. *ends anti-IU rant*

Actually I thought Crean looked kinda upset about it, but I could be wrong. I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb.

I never thought Crean was too much of an attention whore, or at least no more than a standard college basketball coach. Could just be my bias, though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)

Guessing you didn't see it. Crean didn't know it was coming. He actually looked perturbed initially. You're going to have a lot to rant about IU this year. Should be a fun year for you! :D

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Actually I thought Crean looked kinda upset about it, but I could be wrong. I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb.

I never thought Crean was too much of an attention whore, or at least no more than a standard college basketball coach. Could just be my bias, though.

It's not. Little Hurt is a jealous Illinois fan who isn't happy unless he's b****ing about IU. You are right. Crean looked at him like what the hell are you doing. Glass grabbed the mike and acted like it was a pep rally and dropped the extension in at the end. Very odd timing. Me thinks Glass should stay in the hospitality room drinking with the alumni and away from the microphone.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)

He seems like he likes attention overall but yeah that was weird. Also I wonder if he was squeezing them a bit. This would be the correct time.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 12:20 AM)
It's not. Little Hurt is a jealous Illinois fan who isn't happy unless he's b****ing about IU. You are right. Crean looked at him like what the hell are you doing. Glass grabbed the mike and acted like it was a pep rally and dropped the extension in at the end. Very odd timing. Me thinks Glass should stay in the hospitality room drinking with the alumni and away from the microphone.

Oh yes, so jealous of the entire state of Indiana. it's #2 on my list of places I'd like to move to, right after Detroit.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
Oh yes, so jealous of the entire state of Indiana. it's #2 on my list of places I'd like to move to, right after Detroit.

You know what he was talking about. It's only a matter of time before we start hearing about how the refs are out to get Illinois in every game. It's like clockwork every year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 02:05 AM)
Yogi looked like the real deal. I was disappointed in Hollowell though. Big Ten league play is going to be awesome. I cant wait to see the PG's match up. Yogi, Craft, Burke, Appling, etc.

Also, Gary Harris is so god damn smooth. I wish we got him.

I thought Hollowell looked like he got more comfortable in the 2nd half. His confidence grew and he looked like the only one in control late in the game but was pressing early. I'm looking forward to seeing him more.

The bottom line is this team is so deep not everybody can score 12-15 pts a game. Yet they likely go about 10-11 deep that can do so on any given night. For them to be a threat for the Final Four, they'll have to be willing to be unselfish and share the ball. A good example last night was Christian Watford. He didn't get many shots early on and really struggled shooting when he got shots. Yet he pounded the boards hard and get 15 rebounds. He ended up getting 13 points, getting helped by going 8-9 at the FT line. Never really felt like he was involved in the offense and missed many shots but ended up with a double double.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
You know what he was talking about. It's only a matter of time before we start hearing about how the refs are out to get Illinois in every game. It's like clockwork every year.

You are definitely right about the Illini fanbase, but I tend to avoid blaming the refs (except for the 2001 Elite 8 vs. AZ & 2006 2nd round vs. Brandon Roy)

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 12:11 AM)
Seen multiple tweets that say Noah Vonleh to IU.

EDIT: Yep, his high school coach confirms it.

Just a huge, huge get for Indiana. Top 10 player in a stacked 2013 class. Pretty much cements Indiana as another top 5-10 team next year again. Incredible haul for Crean. Vonleh is a great talent. One of the best I've ever seen in person.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Who is in line to get Crean'd now?

Saw this coming. It'll all get worked out like it always does. I can already predict how this is going to play out.

Rival fans will call foul now that Crean is oversigned

Those fans will also say coaches and players are noticing and won't want to play at Indiana

Oddly, Crean has a better grasp on scholarships inside the program than any of us

It works out

Rivals say that Crean is cutting kids

Kid who leaves has nothing bad to say about Crean

Indiana picks up another elite player

Rival fans repeat cycle.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
Saw this coming. It'll all get worked out like it always does. I can already predict how this is going to play out.

Rival fans will call foul now that Crean is oversigned

Those fans will also say coaches and players are noticing and won't want to play at Indiana

Oddly, Crean has a better grasp on scholarships inside the program than any of us

It works out

Rivals say that Crean is cutting kids

Kid who leaves has nothing bad to say about Crean

Indiana picks up another elite player

Rival fans repeat cycle.

Well of course it's going to work out. One way or another, guys will be gone and they'll have the right amount of scholarships out there.

But "it works out" doesn't justify it or explain it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
Well of course it's going to work out. One way or another, guys will be gone and they'll have the right amount of scholarships out there.

But "it works out" doesn't justify it or explain it.

Well then we will continue waiting for that link or article speaking with the player who was "cut" or manipulated. It's so bad, Crean has one of the lowest transfer rates in the conference since he got to Indiana!

Stop your b****in', Illini fans will be getting good news on KBD soon anyways so hopefully you can stop worrying about Indiana.