2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
I know it seems we say this every other year or so, but it's astonishing how awful the talent in college basketball is this season. I don't mind rooting for IU and think Cody Zeller is a good basketball player, but him being in the position of Preseason Player of the Year is scary.

I remember being surprised when the Zeller-for-Player-of-the-Year talk started. Don't get me wrong, he had a great freshman season, especially in just the absurdly calm manner he handled all the hoopla. He's just not the eye popping guy you usually see get talked up. I don't think he'd get nearly as much talk if he wasn't the "IU savior."

IU needs to start the game better to beat Georgetown tomorrow. We should win on paper I think, but it will definitely be a game, and we must get it going quicker than today. Waiting until the game is nearly 75% over isn't going to cut it.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)
Please, if one bad call goes against your team, the refs are working for Vegas against you. You have that reputation from every schools fanbase in the bigten. Maryland basketball fans will catch on quick after your fans flood their board after the first bad call.

You realize all fans that like the illini on this board are also wsox fans, and a good portion of illini fan base is from Chicago area so you are generalizing fans of the same teams you follow making you just the same.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)
Agreed. Even, watch the replay.. But it goes back too... Illini fan, need I say more?

Come on, like IU bball fans are some subjective anomaly. You guys are just as bad if not crazier. We are all going to homer the s*** out of this thread since our conference is finally awesome. Let's refrain from pointing out the obvious.

Oh and Thad got another recruit tonight, f*** yeah.

And if Zeller is getting attention like stated above etc, its great, he's very fundamental like my boy Sully and players like that dont always get love. In fact, I believe he wont win POY because some other flashy player will beat him out which sucks.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 06:52 AM)
I am not goin to miss Tyler Griffey at all, but I'm very happy dont have to watch weber's boring ass offense anymore. Is USC really this bad?

Pretty much. Jio Fontan is a terrible point guard. It's amazing O'Neill still has a job at USC, but they clearly don't care about basketball.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 05:52 AM)
I am not goin to miss Tyler Griffey at all, but I'm very happy dont have to watch weber's boring ass offense anymore. Is USC really this bad?

USC has to be one of the worst BCS teams in the country. They won six games last year. Completely different roster, but that's not a good thing in CBB.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 05:56 AM)
USC has to be one of the worst BCS teams in the country. They won six games last year. Completely different roster, but that's not a good thing in CBB.

Yeah, some of the guys they added like the two Wake Forest guys were terrible at Wake. They'll win more than 6 games this year, but they're likely to be a sub .500 team on the year. I can't believe USC was favored tonight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 05:57 AM)
Yeah, some of the guys they added like the two Wake Forest guys were terrible at Wake. They'll win more than 6 games this year, but they're likely to be a sub .500 team on the year. I can't believe USC was favored tonight.

Yes. I wish I had money to bet because that line was ridiculous.

As badly as Weber ruined my enjoyment in CBB, Groce has already restored it all.

Thanks to the Maui organizers for putting the Illini on the easy side of the bracket. Barring a major letdown tonight, it looks a matchup with UNC tomorrow in the final. Obviously, I think Illinois gets smoked, but it's still fun to see them involved in a relevant game like that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2012 -> 07:24 AM)
As badly as Weber ruined my enjoyment in CBB, Groce has already restored it all.

Thanks to the Maui organizers for putting the Illini on the easy side of the bracket. Barring a major letdown tonight, it looks a matchup with UNC tomorrow in the final. Obviously, I think Illinois gets smoked, but it's still fun to see them involved in a relevant game like that.

This.

Even though I think it'll be a major struggle to get in the Tourney, I'm still stoked to watch this team. Hell, I even bought great tickets for the United Center game as an x-mas present for my dad. Last time we went was when Dee Brown/Deron Williams were freshmen, I have that type of excitement about Illini basketball again.