2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

Seeing as merely responding about a certain school is seen as evidence of that schools importance. I will not mention it.

Fathom,

You are a reasonable guy, I have no animosity. The we are so special attitude bothers me, I think respect is earned. And for whatever reason when people act like that, I cant help but try and bring them back to reality. It is definitely not my most admirable trait.

Edited by Soxbadger

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 22, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)
From what I can recall, not one Indiana fan has come on this board talking smack and being arrogant at all, unless responding to crap posted by you and others. If Indiana is so bad, why do you spend so much time worrying about them and their coach? Yes, I know its a message board. But I think the telling sign here is you and others seem to be fascinated by how well or bad Indiana is and must point out the bad any time anyone shows pride, be it a fan or coach. On the other hand, most IU fans respect Bo Ryan and Wisconsin, but could give a sh*t less about what goes on there. We know that when IU is right, we'll stand taller than Wisky most years.

And before you go off half-cocked at that comment. Think about it, it's true. Wisky has a very good program and Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan are to be commended for keeping it strong. But there is no way Wisconsin could have withstood all the crap IU went through with Sampson. It would have been a decade or more before Wisconsin would have sniffed the top half of the Big Ten.

Lastly, I don't understand where you think most IU fan's expectations lie. I would ask other IU fans on here to agree or disagree with me, but I see Indiana as a top basketball program that should be knocking on the door of the Final Four most years. What I mean is the standard for IU should be the Sweet Sixteen. If we don't get there, its a disappointing season. Get there regularly, then the chances for Final Fours and Championships will take care of themselves. IU fans know the big Ten is a damned good conference and even conference championships are not assumed. But we feel we should be "in the mix" regularly. I just don't see how these expectations are so offensive to other schools. IU is a legit top 5 or 10 "program". Has it been lately? No. But few schools nationally have the combination of tradition and dedicated fan base IU has. Certain programs have earned that status whether it be over the last 20-30-40-50+ years. IU is one and can withstand a down period more easily than others.

He_Gawn? Farmteam? Am I wrong here?

100% spot on. Couldn't have said it better, Rex. I still can't stop laughing how Crean has "disrespected" the BigTen. So funny.

As for Illinois, great win for them and the B1G. Very impressive fellas.

It will be interesting to see McDermott take Creighton into the tournament a few years in a row. Dana Altman always took tremendously talented teams to the tournament that lost in the first or second round, i wonder if McDermott will go farther

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
George Marshall is about to learn how you find yourself on Bo Ryans bench. Quick 3 and then soft under a screen.

Is that the kid that went to Brooks? Remember being shocked when I heard Bo wanted him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 11:16 PM)
Yeah.

Bo Ryan is really screwing Wisconsin right now. Hes letting a bunch of jokes jack up 3s when Sam Dekker is maybe the most talented player that has ever stepped on a Wisconsin basketball court.

Might be higher ranked but I doubt that kid is more talented than Devin Harris.

So to make the day for Mizzou worse, a girl on twitter is now saying that Dixon raped her and that's why he's been suspended.

I'm not ruling it out...but Dixon's escapades are notorious on campus. He goes up to girls and says "hey, wanna have sex?" at parties and if they say no, he goes directly to the next one. He's a horny dumbass...but I just can't see why it wouldn't stay consistent with "damn. on to the next girl."

I can say that if this is why he's suspended and it's been covered up...I'm selling my tickets.