2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Come to think of it, this discussion will end this weekend when Hanner Perea steps on the court. His athleticism puts Oladipo's to shame, it's non human-like.

I wouldn't go that far yet. I want to see him use that athleticism against Big Ten competition first.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
I didn't see him play when he was up here in HS at LaLumiere, but the sports guys who I know that did said he is on the Concord HS Shawn Kemp level as an athlete and dunker.

It's honestly stupid. He's Rodney Williams, but 6'9". Unfortunately, he's had a lingering foot issue, so I'm not sure how much time he's going to get this year. He's got an unbelievable amount of highlight videos on youtube. They gave him dunk of the year for high school last year for this one...

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
I wouldn't go that far yet. I want to see him use that athleticism against Big Ten competition first.

Oh definitely, but as a leaper, it's him and Williams. Perea won't get much time until the end of the year, if that. He's still got that foot issue. They'll be too much depth for him to beat out with Zeller, Watford, Elston, and Hollowell down there.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
Oh definitely, but as a leaper, it's him and Williams. Perea won't get much time until the end of the year, if that. He's still got that foot issue. They'll be too much depth for him to beat out with Zeller, Watford, Elston, and Hollowell down there.

Those guys are so tall though. And did any of them dunk over Seth Davis? I think not.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2736581:date=Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:17 PM:name=He_Gawn)-->
QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
<!--quotec-->Oh definitely, but as a leaper, it's him and Williams. Perea won't get much time until the end of the year, if that. He's still got that foot issue. They'll be too much depth for him to beat out with Zeller, Watford, Elston, and Hollowell down there.

Those guys are so tall though. And did any of them dunk over Seth Davis? I think not.

except he added 10 guys of random heights. :P

In all seriousness though, it's great to see this much athleticism in the Bigten. The league is much, much more exciting than it was even only a few years ago.

Come on Illini fans, whats the deal with there being so many tickets up for grabs for when IU comes to CU? There's probably been at least 30-40 peegs members say they just bought tickets for themselves and their families. That place should be packed with excitement with Groce at the helm and the turnaround season.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Come on Illini fans, whats the deal with there being so many tickets up for grabs for when IU comes to CU? There's probably been at least 30-40 peegs members say they just bought tickets for themselves and their families. That place should be packed with excitement with Groce at the helm and the turnaround season.

There's about 1k tickets left. OSU and Michigan are the bigger draws for whatever reason.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
There's about 1k tickets left. OSU and Michigan are the bigger draws for whatever reason.

Probably because OSU is on a Saturday and Michigan a Sunday. But yeah, pretty s***ty that that many tickets remain...oh well I'll be there.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)

Should be an easy win, fans would rather go to a game where the outcome is in doubt.

Seriously though, Mich and OSU are weekend games. They should be gone fairly soon. It's a Thursday (almost impossible for Chicago people), with some fans probably waiting for the other shoe to drop (last year's bball season, football imploding, etc) before jumping in, right or wrong.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
So much for that Northwestern tourney bid

Teddy Greenstein ‏@TeddyGreenstein

Drew Crawford has a torn labrum and will undergo season-ending surgery. Wow. #northwestern

Probably wasn't going to happen anyways, but now I'd set the over/under for conference win total at 2.5.

Something always seems to happen with NU. Vukusic had shoulder issues that cost him most of one season and part of another, T.J. Parker left a year early for Europe (not that he was great, but they had no replacement guards and a decent team otherwise), THREE separate issues for Kevin Coble, Shurna playing through a bad ankle sprain, now probably their two most gifted players this season (Crawford and Cobb) aren't playing. Can they get ONE season where things actually go their way?

/rant that virtually no one cares about.

Edited by ZoomSlowik