2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
Probably wasn't going to happen anyways, but now I'd set the over/under for conference win total at 2.5.

Yeah this NU team wasn't going to be any good. Now they're going to be absolutely putrid. My gut reaction is to take the under on that line.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
Yeah this NU team wasn't going to be any good. Now they're going to be absolutely putrid. My gut reaction is to take the under on that line.

I figured their typical quasi-competitive 6-12/7-11 type conference season at the beginning of the year. No Cobb hurt a bit though they still had options at guard, no Crawford is a killer.

I'm hoping he burns Lumpkin's shirt now and gets plenty of PT for him and Abrahamson, gear up for another run in 14/15 before someone else gets hurt. :unsure:

Edit- Sounds like NU thinks he'll get a medical hardship waiver (the limit is 30% of games played and he's played 10 of 32 scheduled, 33 if their exhibition game counts). That would certainly change things if they have both Crawford and Cobb back next year.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

The Good and the Bad

I thought it would be interesting since the non-conference slate is almost complete, for posters on here to review their own teams, both good and bad. It could lead to some good discussion or at the least some feisty arguments. :) I'll start.

IU - the Good

#1 team in rankins

No true weakness

Unselfish and very team oriented

Very versatile and deep - can mix and match lineups and adapt to different styles

This team could be as good as any I have seen in awhile and as good as any IU team I've seen (can't speak for the 75-76 squads, I barely remember them)

Much better defense

Experience - one of the most experienced teams in college basketball and 3 NCAA games under their belt

IU - the Bad

No true road games - today vs Butler in Indy is only their 3rd game away from Assembly Hall, all on neutral sites

New players - how will they integrate Perea, Jurkin and then Elston? Will players that lose minutes handle it well? The added depth could become a major strength, but for now until they are in the rotation on a regular basis, that's unknown.

Tempo - How will they react when a team slows the tempo and stays disciplined? Esp on the road?

Pressure - How will they handle it? Right now this team seems impervious to expectations, but what happens if they are stll undefeated in late January? How will they react to their first loss? What about two in a row?