2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

Looking back, I'm okay with yesterdays win. I really felt IU played poorly, especially on offense. But Jordan Hulls won't go 0-10 again. If he even shoots 40%, this is a different game. He got good looks. It's not like he forced up a bunch of bad shots. Not a well played game, but for the first road game of the year against a motivated team in a tough place to play, I'll take it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 1, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
Looking back, I'm okay with yesterdays win. I really felt IU played poorly, especially on offense. But Jordan Hulls won't go 0-10 again. If he even shoots 40%, this is a different game. He got good looks. It's not like he forced up a bunch of bad shots. Not a well played game, but for the first road game of the year against a motivated team in a tough place to play, I'll take it.

It's the big ten season, on the road. Every game is going to be a challenge for the next couple months. It's time for the team to grow up, because from now on, every excuse given is going to turn into a loss.

The toughest stretch of Indiana's schedule:

Sun, Jan 27

vs #18 Michigan State

1:00 PM ET CBS

Wed, Jan 30

@ Purdue

8:30 PM ET Big Ten Network

Sat, Feb 2

vs #2 Michigan

9:00 PM ET ESPN Gameday

Thu, Feb 7

@ #11 Illinois

7:00 PM ET ESPN or ESPN2

Sun, Feb 10

@ #8 Ohio State

1:00 PM ET CBS

The Purdue game on Jan 30 doesn't look menacing, but a rivalry game on the road sandwiched in between Michigan and Michigan State is not one to take for granted. One might even say the Big Ten title race will be strongly affected by this stretch of games.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Rebounding is going to shoot the Illini in the foot the rest of the season in a big way I think. Hopefully losing Griffey and adding another legit big guy recruit will help shore that up next year and going forward.

I've got high hopes for Maverick Morgan, he's tearing it up this season.