2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois as a team this year was shooting 36.5% from 3. Today they're shooting 15% on 20 attempts. Minnesota as a team was shooting 33.2% from 3 this year. Today they're shooting 58.3%. Combine that with Abrams being in foul trouble for the majority of the game and you get a blowout. Welp, at least I won 50 on Minny -2. I figured the Illini would lose, but I thought it would be due to the offensive glass (a battle which the illini are winning right now),not 3 point shooting.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)
You guys are good, we didn't bring our home game, but you guys are definitely very good.

Our biggest downfall (in the long run) will be the lack of a true spot up three-point shooter. Blake Hoffarber would be perfect for this team, given how many open looks they have from the perimeter due to the inside presence and constant drives.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)
Well Minnesota was just better tonight but also terrible luck for Illinois with garbage 3 pt shooters going 3 for 5 from 3 and Hollins also banking in the 40 footer.

It's not bad luck if a player hits a wide open three. It's bad defense.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 04:58 AM)
It's not bad luck if a player hits a wide open three. It's bad defense.

Anytime a half court shot goes in and another player makes 50% of his three pointers in one game, it's luck. But Minny is better without it.

LOL, awesome wide open out of the TO.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
Anytime a half court shot goes in and another player makes 50% of his three pointers in one game, it's luck. But Minny is better without it.

I was certainly not talking about that shot. It was luck. I'm assuming he was referring to Coleman/Williams going 3/5 from three-point range, since they're poor three-point shooters. Andre Hollins is also 3/5 from three-point range (2/4 not including that lucky shot), but he's a legit excellent three-point shooter.