2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
For those of you who may have forgotten or need some pointers, there is a free basketball clinic going on right now in Assembly Hall. Coverage on BTN.

Great stat, first matchup of top 10 teams at Assembly since 2000.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
I don't like how IU is trying to milk the shot clock every possession. That's not how you got this big lead. Playing to protect a lead often equals giving up said lead.

Yet another thing on the list of items this team is going to learn before the big 10 season is over.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
We're a team picked to win the acc playing at home against duke without Ryan Kelly, storm the court wooooooo

I have no issue with it...anytime you beat undefeated #1 ranked team in conference play, it's probably more of a reason than 95% of the "court stormings".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
Yet another thing on the list of items this team is going to learn before the big 10 season is over.

They played way too conservatively in the 2nd half and it almost came back to bite them in the ass. Minny's pressure has been tough, but if you attack that pressure and score off of it, the pressure subsides. We've not attacked the basket. The first half was a thing of beauty, however.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
I have no issue with it...anytime you beat undefeated #1 ranked team in conference play, it's probably more of a reason than 95% of the "court stormings".

If you're a good team you should never storm the court IMO. Just a compliment to the opponent.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
Just compliments your opponent. Just as dumb as the overrated chant IMO.

I was at the Stevenson vs Mundelein game last night. Stevenson was up 5 but their 5 student student section wasn't doing anything so Mundelein fans started the "We can't hear you" thing. The 5 students just pointed to the scoreboard. It was pretty funny.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
College students are so lame for wanting to have fun.

Oh please, you know I'm the last person to say that to.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
Yup, it essentially degrades your own team. That's why it's stupid.

Exactly.

Anywho, good start Illinois...

Awful first half, but glad the Gophers at least showed up in the second half. Shame they didn't get the same calls Indiana did, but if we had showed up in the first half it wouldn't have been a problem. Still frustrating, but such is life for the road team in Big 10 play.