2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
As an unbiased observed in the OSU/Michigan game, that was a brutal call on the Burke and-1 that was negated.

This. It also could have been ruled intentional, he was just trying to hack him from behind. To get neither that nor the and-1...yikes.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
If you're a poll voter, who do you vote #1 this week? Duke, who lost this week? Or Louisville, who lost to Duke? Both losses occurred without a regular starter. Does Indiana move up to #3 or do they go to #4 with Michigan just dropping to #3?

How do you differentiate between that many teams with one loss? Where does Kansas fit? Should the losses of Duke, Michigan and Arizona this week really affect their stature?

Duke. I believe Louisville is the best team in the country but Duke deserves to be ranked 1 at this point IMO.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 07:32 PM)
Duke. I believe Louisville is the best team in the country but Duke deserves to be ranked 1 at this point IMO.

I'm thinking I would go....

1. Duke

2. Louisville

3. Indiana

4. Michigan

5. Kansas

6. Evansville!

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
The Purple Aces of Evansville took down Wichita State this afternoon in the bustling metropolis of Evansville, 71-67.

The Salukis gave WSU all they could handle in Wichita last week. All is not well for the Shockers, they should have been wiping the floor with a severely undermanned SIU.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 05:32 AM)
The Salukis gave WSU all they could handle in Wichita last week. All is not well for the Shockers, they should have been wiping the floor with a severely undermanned SIU.

Witchita State underachieving? SHOCKing!

See what I did there?

Their freshman, Fred Van Fleet, will be my nemesis for the next four year after he went off against Warren last year in the super sectionals.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 01:22 PM)
Got a bad feeling about the Wisconsin game tomorrow.

Yeah me too. I am thinking Indiana +10. Illinois shot more free throws than Wisconsin at the Kohl Center. Wisconsin would need shoot out of their minds from 3 to even have a chance.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 02:00 PM)
Yeah me too. I am thinking Indiana +10. Illinois shot more free throws than Wisconsin at the Kohl Center. Wisconsin would need shoot out of their minds from 3 to even have a chance.

Well at least both of us think our teams will do poorly. :lol:

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 07:54 PM)
I'm with Badger. I see no let down with IU tomorrow night. In fact, I think the 2nd half may cause them to be even more focused. That said, Wisky always seems to find some tall, non-athletic white guy to go off against IU. So we shall see.

Not sure who you are referring to. The reason Wisconsin hasnt lost to Indiana since January 31, 2007 (Indiana stormed the court that day, guess their fans knew it would be a long time before they beat Wisconsin) really hasnt had anything to do with non-athletic white players.

If you are referring to Rob Wilson last year, he is actually a black athletic player who never got a lot of minutes because he was to careless with the ball. The year before Wisconsin got 28 points and 39 points out of Jordan Taylor, another non-white player.

There is a certain irony about Indiana fans saying "non-athletic white guy".

That being said, I guess you can make up any excuse for why Wisconsin has beaten Indiana, but seeing as Im pretty sure not one player on the Indiana team has ever been part of a team that has beat Wisconsin, I think its a little more than the fluke you make it out to be.

To be clear though. Wisconsin should be a severe underdog tomorrow, no real reason to believe they will win. Outside of the Illinois game, they havent been that good and its on the road.

Edited by Soxbadger