2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont know what Bo Ryan sees in Ryan Evans. He takes selfish shots, he holds onto the ball to much. The rest of the team is unselfish and passes, he just can be a black hole. Itd be one thing if he was a decoy because Crean seems to have Olidapo on him, but its another to see if Evans can go iso on him.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 08:44 PM)
IU should just keep feeding Zeller and see if he can get 40. No one else seems to be getting clean looks.

Yeah Wisconsin is playing him really bad. Bergerren needs to sag off and give Zeller the jump shot instead of letting him get to the hoop every play.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
I just dont know what Bo Ryan sees in Ryan Evans. He takes selfish shots, he holds onto the ball to much. The rest of the team is unselfish and passes, he just can be a black hole. Itd be one thing if he was a decoy because Crean seems to have Olidapo on him, but its another to see if Evans can go iso on him.

Seriously. I feel like he should be playing for Illinois with all these bad shots he's taking.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 08:52 PM)
The biggest problem so far is playing with way too much energy and out of control. If Crean can calm that down at half, IU should be fine. Or at least I hope so.

I agree they have seemed to be playing about a half step too fast. But Ryan said it best. They are taking away the other players, exposing them to Zeller. If they pack it in against Zeller and IU hits shots, which they normally do in Bloomington, they could get blown out. "Letting" Cody go off, might be the best plan for UW. Watford is the wild card. If he shows up for the 2nd half, he's a tough matchup and can change their approach. It doesn't help that Sheehey, who has shot very well all year is cold and shooting tentatively. They will let Yogi shoot and try to bottle up Hulls all night.

I hate seeing all my IU friends on Facebook complaining about how all the calls are going in Wisconsin's favor. This game is being called pretty evenly and well, though there have been a few misses on each side. Especially with the travels , they're letting both teams walk like an NBA game.