2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:42 AM)
To all my Missouri fans that supported Frank Haith: stop. He's terrible. s***ty losses like tonight will only continue to happen. They continue to be completely unprepared at the start of games. Who does that fall on? The coach. He stinks. This team will struggle to make the tournament at this rate.

You're 100% correct. I lost count how many times Miami would start a game down 10-0, 16-2, 20-5. He doesn't know how to game plan and he certainly can't out coach anyone.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
This conference is so strange. You have teams that slow down, speed up, shoot 3's, cant shoot, and play lockdown defense. You get alot of flavors week in and week out.

I love that Illinois flavor. No offense, bad shots, and a defense good enough to keep it close but bad enough to let it get blown open once the O makes a few shots.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
I love that Illinois flavor. No offense, bad shots, and a defense good enough to keep it close but bad enough to let it get blown open once the O makes a few shots.

I was actually referring to OSU in the "cant shoot" category.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 30, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
Not to skip past Michigan, but Indiana is 4-0 on the road. Impressive. But.......

Next 5 road games:

Illinois

Ohio State

Michigan State

Minnesota

Michigan

Getting back to Michigan...

Saturday's home date with the Wolverines is quite important.

Is that a joke? They should trounce Illinois by double digits. If they break a swear I'll question their Final Four chances.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
Last night sucked, but he took on a team comprised of mostly all seniors last year, and they had a great year. He lost all that continuity and talent, and on the fly brought in a lot of players from different ages to fill in the program. He also lost the only other player who played on last years team.

The result? A bunch of players still trying to learn how to play with each other and they are getting taken advantage of on the road. It happens. This is still going to be a tournament team.

The coach's job is to get that continuity. This was a preseason top 15 team that's looking like a bubble team that will lose in the first round like the team two years ago. If they can't win at LSU I don't see how they're going to win more than one or two road games in a mediocre (as usual) SEC. You can continue to be positive, but Haith is awful.

Look at the schedule and give me an honest prediction of the team's SEC record. I'm thinking 9-9. They lose out on the road except Mississippi State and win out at home except Florida. Does that get in the tourney?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
Is that a joke? They should trounce Illinois by double digits. If they break a swear I'll question their Final Four chances.

Depends on which Indiana team shows up. If it's the one that lost to Wisconsin it could be close/Illinois could win since it's in Champaign. If it's the one that played at Purdue last night, I'd be surprised if Indiana doesn't win by at least 15 or 20.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
10th point lead! Until Griffey blows every defensive assignment possible and they cut that lead down quick.

Stretching it back out now. He needs to not play the rest of the season. Henry is playing D for the first time in his career tonight, hopefully that continues and Groce permanently sits Griffey.

Myke Henry could solve a lot of this teams issues if he would actually play as hard as he did in the first half all the time. It would give Illinois a legitimate PF with good athleticism (albeit slightly undersized) and another guy to stretch the floor which they haven't had since Griffey went into his epic slump.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 07:19 PM)
Remember when Brandon Paul was good at basketball? That was nice. Now he can't even dribble 3 consecutive times without losing it.

Always good when your "star" sets the tone for the start of the half by tripling your turnovers in consecutive possessions.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 08:29 PM)
Why can't they just get blown out instead of hurting me like this?

It sadly doesn't really bother me anymore. Until Groce turns over the roster there is nothing to get excited about. I just hope this team finds a way to make the tourney for the sake of recruiting.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
Yeah. I was going to leave a massive rant on how terrible Griffey and Groce are. But I can't tonight. They have not been given a fair shake tonight.

Griffey is still terrible. Groce's coaching has been fine tonight. Had a good game plan. Offense has been good for the most part other then the stretch where Paul decided to hand the ball to Michigan St. every other possession.