2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
Except me cause I'm perfect.

Random question of the day: there are only two teams in the country that are in the top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency according to Kenpom, one is Florida, who is the other? B>W you don't get to answer.

I have no clue but I'll guess Miami.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big Ten is a true b****!

Michigan will have game 4 this week of this 4-game stretch @Indiana, vs. Ohio St, @ Wisky, @ MSU.

Indiana goes 4-1 in this stretch vs. MSU, @ Purdue, vs, Michigan, @ Illinois, @ OSU

MSU has this stretch coming up vs. Indiana, @ OSU, @ Michigan, vs. Wisky

Wisconsin dealt with @ Indiana, @ Iowa, vs. MSU, vs, Minnesota, @OSU, @ Illinois

Illinois is heading into game 5 of this 5-game stretch vs. Michigan, @ MSU, @ Wisky, vs. Indiana, @ Minnesota

Indiana has another 5 game stretch of @ MSU, @ Minnesota, vs. Iowa, vs. OSU, @ Michigan

I'm sure I've missed others. There are way too many tough 3 game streaks to even count. As much as I hate the thought of losing Thursday night's game, if you would have asked me if I'd have taken 4-1 before this stretch started, I'd have taken it.

Nebraska and Penn St. are truly the only easy dates (I shouldn't say that until after IU plays Neb. this week).

I gotta think either Iowa or Illinois will garner a 7th NCAA bid. Obviously, they will have to beat the teams they are supposed to beat and pull off a win over the top tier. Iowa should have 4 wins out of their last 7 and a 5th would help greatly. Illinois has a tougher road with 5 road games in their last 8, including Minny tonight. But they have very good OOC wins.

This is honestly why I don't like the conference tournament. It can help teams in the middle like Illinois and Iowa, could help the seeding of a few others. But to me it's just another grind in a short period that these teams don't need after the regular season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Rex, Iowa is no where close to Illinois in terms of a bid.

yeah, only 2 top 50 wins (Wisconsin and Iowa St).

I guess it sucks that they are in such a stacked league but you gotta find a way to win a game against one of the top RPI teams in the country when given so many chances.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
I dont think Iowa will have the resume to get a spot unless they can beat Minnesota or Indiana and Illinois.

That Illinois-Iowa game might be most important regular season game of the year in the Big 10.

I think the Indiana games vs. Michigan/MSU might be more important in the long run. The top Big Ten team probably gets to play in the Indianapolis regional. Put Indiana there with the home crowd advantage, that's a game-changer.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 02:34 PM)
Except me cause I'm perfect.

Random question of the day: there are only two teams in the country that are in the top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency according to Kenpom, one is Florida, who is the other? B>W you don't get to answer.

Very odd team, then again their efficiency has looked a lot better than their results and talent all year.

For anyone that still wants to play the game, it's Pittsburgh. Yes, I cheated.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 03:26 PM)
Very odd team, then again their efficiency has looked a lot better than their results and talent all year.

For anyone that still wants to play the game, it's Pittsburgh. Yes, I cheated.

Yup. No doubt. I'm happy you were smart enough to post it with the spoiler tags, I wasn't smart enough to think of that. :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
I think the Indiana games vs. Michigan/MSU might be more important in the long run. The top Big Ten team probably gets to play in the Indianapolis regional. Put Indiana there with the home crowd advantage, that's a game-changer.

I sure as hell hope so, I have tickets!!

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
So JaQuan Lyle visited OSU today for the IU game, obviously as a guest of OSU. He wore Indiana gear... WTF is he thinking?

Not sure because I don't see him as an IU lean or anything. Though he has been around IU more lately than I thought. Sometimes kids just want to mess with those that follow recruiting. If I were OSU, I'd have found something else for him to wear. Do coaches have enough balls to tell a recruit that the gear of "opposing team" goes off or you go home and don't get to attend the game?

Rock, chime in on this.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
Not sure because I don't see him as an IU lean or anything. Though he has been around IU more lately than I thought. Sometimes kids just want to mess with those that follow recruiting. If I were OSU, I'd have found something else for him to wear. Do coaches have enough balls to tell a recruit that the gear of "opposing team" goes off or you go home and don't get to attend the game?

Rock, chime in on this.

I don't think he's coming to IU, period. Seems like he's going to UL. I think IU has made it known they're all in on Exum and Pinson. Sit at the top for both.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 10, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
I don't think he's coming to IU, period. Seems like he's going to UL. I think IU has made it known they're all in on Exum and Pinson. Sit at the top for both.

I hadn't heard anything to contradict that. Normally, I'd say that's stupid to overlook that talented of a Indiana kid, but in this case I don't see it as a problem. I always thought he would be a tough get. He's not the type to be an IU life long fan.