2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
Stat of the night

Oladipo vs ranked teams 20.0 PPG. Vs unranked teams 12.4 PPG.

Yeah, but they also lost to two unranked teams. His overall numbers aren't impressive, but a lot of people are convinced he's a first-team all-american. It's an interesting case.

Another missed charge call by the refs as McCabe clearly was still sliding when contact was made and Paul drifted to the side to avoid him. I haven't had too much of a problem with the refs besides those calls (Illinois has rightfully been called for more fouls) but it drives me nuts how often the refs blow the charge/block call. For f***s sake, just call it a block every time and you will more often than not be right.

At about the 10:30 mark, I was thinking that this crew had been doing a great job. Then they turned brutal several calls in a row, both ways. Smith held/pushed Hulls out of the way on that putback, and that was definitely a block on Hulls, not a charge.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 09:39 PM)
At about the 10:30 mark, I was thinking that this crew had been doing a great job. Then they turned brutal several calls in a row, both ways. Smith held/pushed Hulls out of the way on that putback, and that was definitely a block on Hulls, not a charge.

I'm sure you were happy with the officiating the first 10 min. You were about in the bonus already.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 5, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
I fear Ohio State more than Indiana and I say that as a fan of a team that has beaten them both. I probably fear Michigan the most, though.

In mid-late January, I thought Michigan was, if ever so slightly, the clear-cut #1 team in the country. The problem is that they've been exposed as being too reliant on Burke, and the freshmen hit a bit of a wall. If the freshmen, especially Stauskas, play more like their early season form then I could see them being the most dangerous team in the tourney. Burke is definitely the driver, though.

If Deshaun Thomas plays defense every night like he does tonight, Ohio State is a lot more dangerous too.