2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
I was driving on I-65 on the overpass above the main Lafayette exit and had a semi tire explode literally right next to my car. Managed to avoid death by probably less than a foot.

They also won't give me a job interview.

That's right where I totaled my car a few years ago and should have died. Awful highway.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 03:53 PM)
Here is your statement:

Im pretty sure you are the only one in the country who would say that Purdue is nothing compared to how physical Wisconsin plays.

Maybe you can find a few people to agree, they just likely dont understand math. Unless you think it is some sort of NCAA wide conspiracy to not call fouls on Wisconsin.

Chill out? You are the one infatuated with Wisconsin. Id guess that you mention Wisconsin in about 50% of your posts.

Purdue of old, sure? Purdue the past 2-3 years? Their soft as heck outside of DJ Byrd. They've had Travis freakin' Carroll roaming the lane of late. Hammons is pretty dang soft too.

"You are the one infatuated with Wisconsin. Id guess that you mention Wisconsin in about 50% of your posts."

Just plain dumb statement. Last time I even brought up Wisconsin was the whole Uthoff ordeal. Wahhhh

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
lol

Why would I be crying?

I find your little schtick amusing and since you like to think you know a lot, its fun to dominate.

To be fair to He Gawn, I remember him talking about Wisconsin the last time IU played them (obviously) but not sure when I can before that. 50% is quite a bit of hyperbole. Just because Wisconsin isn't as slaphappy as Purdue doesn't mean they also aren't overly physical. It's a pretty well known reputation that I was aware of well before I even went to Indiana.

And I'm not really sure what you "dominated." You guys just went back and forth with one person saying Wisconsin is overly physical and the other saying they're not as bad as other teams.

This goes way back to an argument about Crean. Ever since then he has made comment after comment about Wisconsin.

You can say Wisconsin is physical. But its a joke to state that Wisconsin is so physical and aggressive that you are legitimately concerned about your players well being, so much so that you do not even care if you win or lose the game.

How can you defend that? It is nothing more than sour grapes.

Its just tiresome. And its pretty unnecessary. Its not like I run around saying Wisconsin is the best team that has ever played in NCAA. I was predicting Indiana to beat them by double digits.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 11:53 AM)
This goes way back to an argument about Crean. Ever since then he has made comment after comment about Wisconsin.

That's what I'm saying, I don't know what "comment after comment" you're really talking about here. It hasn't been mentioned that much. In general, he's pretty clear in not liking Wisconsin, you're pretty clear in not liking Crean. Not a big deal.

No reason to dilute the NCAA thread with Indiana-Wisconsin squabbles, let's go back to laughing at Duke for losing by 27 the other night. Or talking about whether Illinois will shock the world and beat Michigan. I actually want Michigan to win, because then they'll be #1 for College Gameday in Bloomington next Saturday. Otherwise I'd want Illinois to win.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
That's what I'm saying, I don't know what "comment after comment" you're really talking about here. It hasn't been mentioned that much. In general, he's pretty clear in not liking Wisconsin, you're pretty clear in not liking Crean. Not a big deal.

No reason to dilute the NCAA thread with Indiana-Wisconsin squabbles, let's go back to laughing at Duke for losing by 27 the other night. Or talking about whether Illinois will shock the world and beat Michigan. I actually want Michigan to win, because then they'll be #1 for College Gameday in Bloomington next Saturday. Otherwise I'd want Illinois to win.

Pretty much spot on.

I refrain from talking about the Badgers. They own Indiana right now.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)

But them being #1 might cause idiots to rush the floor with a W.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Nahhh, that won't happen. I think UM will fall prior to the game anyways.

Wouldn't be so sure.

Anyway, I don't think they'll lose at home to NW, so you're saying Sunday. Don't see it, but that'd be great as we'd be back in line to make the tournament. I think we'll have to make a lot of 3's, which we haven't been good at lately, to even have a shot.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
Wouldn't be so sure.

Anyway, I don't think they'll lose at home to NW, so you're saying Sunday. Don't see it, but that'd be great as we'd be back in line to make the tournament. I think we'll have to make a lot of 3's, which we haven't been good at lately, to even have a shot.

I think the past few years with the couple of court rushses we had, those were slightly different. Admittedly, they were probably a bit much, but we were at least unranked and still generally struggling at that time (I make an exception for the Kentucky game -- that was a totally deserved court storming). Since we've been ranked #1 already this year, and are one of the contenders for a national title, there's NO need to storm the court if we were to beat the #1 ranked team. If it happens, I apologize on behalf of sane Hoosier fans. Though, that would at least mean we won, so that would be sweet.

I'm not sure who the favorite is. I would assume Indiana because it's in Bloomington, but it would be a very small spread. Gonna be a very good game, Michigan is probably the best team in the country right now. The one reason I'm feeling at least mildly ok about it is that Michigan doesn't defend the 3 very well, and that should definitely work in our advantage, or at least I would hope so.