2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 07:14 PM)
Iowa State blowing out Oklahoma. I can't believe this team lost to Texas Tech... :crying :crying

This team is very good either when at home or interested in the game.

Twenty straight wins at Hilton Coliseum.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
I was sure most people wouldn't. He was a guard during the SIU glory years and he was an insane on ball defender. Vicious.

I still remember him blocking Patrick O Bryant. One of the more amazing things he ever did in a saluki uniform

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
I still remember him blocking Patrick O Bryant. One of the more amazing things he ever did in a saluki uniform

Got called for a bogus foul too. One of the 3 conference games we lost that year. I sadly enough remember everything from that season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
Damn Florida is getting killed.

I guess it was bound to happen when they played a team with a pulse on the road.

I cant stand UF so I feel dirty making excuses for them but its not surprising to see them come out flat after just smoking everyone they play within the SEC. Gotta wonder if the weakness of the SEC will catch up to them after the first round of the NCAAs.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 08:10 PM)
I guess it was bound to happen when they played a team with a pulse on the road.

I cant stand UF so I feel dirty making excuses for them but its not surprising to see them come out flat after just smoking everyone they play within the SEC. Gotta wonder if the weakness of the SEC will catch up to them after the first round of the NCAAs.

That thought has definitely went through my mind. I believe they're a legit national title contender but I also wouldn't be shocked if they get bounced early because of the lack of competition they will have faced in the sec.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
Burke v Craft for the last shot? Epic.

Wish Burke penetrated and got to bucket or assist. He settles for too many jumpers. Wanted Hardaway to get the last shot.

Horford is worthless.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 12:02 AM)
Craft got fouled minimum of four times that last play. Luckily for Michigan they were at home.

If home calls had anything to do with it, Craft's 3 at the end of that shot clock wouldn't have counted and Michigan would have gotten that flagrant foul call at the end of OT, which I agree should not have been called at the time.

Not too mention that phantom call that gave Thomas 2 free throws.

Edited by Brian

Didn't see too much of the game so you could be right. On that note I am so sick of officials who ref B1G games reviewing so many calls looking for a flagrant. The worst is they still miss the obvious ones.

I also missed the game Saturday. Did GR3 get a flagrant for that brutal hit on Hulls?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2013 -> 07:42 AM)
I also missed the game Saturday. Did GR3 get a flagrant for that brutal hit on Hulls?

No, and looking at it from a few different angles, I couldn't tell if Robinson intentionally punched Hulls, or if Robinson was yanking his arm out of Watford's grasp and Hulls was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm actually leaning towards it being an accident, but I wouldn't be surprised with either one.