2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
Yeah, that's him. He will be a sophomore next season.

Oh wow, I didn't realize he was that young. Since I follow IU recruiting, I inevitably hear about a bunch of Indiana players who sign other places; it's interesting to see how they do.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120430/S...xt|IndyStar.com

Butler athletic department employees have been called to a meeting this morning, and a potential move from the Atlantic 10 to the Horizon League is expected to be addressed.

For weeks, there has been speculation that Butler would leave the Horizon and join the Atlantic 10 to enhance its men’s basketball program.

Butler, if moving to the Atlantic 10, would not play in the conference until the 2013-14 school year. Temple will be in the Atlantic 10 in 2012-13 before joining the Big East.

In basketball, if not in geography, Butler is already closer to the A-10 than to Horizon members. No Horizon team other than Butler has received an NCAA at-large bid since 1998. By contrast, the A-10 had three at-large bids this year and 24 since 1998.

The Bulldogs’ most recent basketball budget of $3.5 million was 35 percent more than that of the Horizon’s second-highest, Milwaukee. Butler would rank fourth in the Atlantic 10, led by Richmond’s $4 million.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)

Butler athletic department employees have been called to a meeting this morning, and a potential move from the Atlantic 10 to the Horizon League is expected to be addressed.

For weeks, there has been speculation that Butler would leave the Horizon and join the Atlantic 10 to enhance its men’s basketball program.

Great work Indy Star!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
I'd be rooting for the arena to explode

My friends and I always talk about rooting for "The Meteor" when you hate both teams in a given game. Recent examples: the Giants/Pats Superbowl and the Kansas/Kentucky championship game

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 30, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
My friends and I always talk about rooting for "The Meteor" when you hate both teams in a given game. Recent examples: the Giants/Pats Superbowl and the Kansas/Kentucky championship game

Ha, I'll have to use that one.

Coastal Carolina forward Sam McLaurin announced Thursday he is transferring to Illinois for his senior season.

McLaurin, a 6-8, 230-pound power forward, averaged 10 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.2 blocks during his junior year at Coastal Carolina. He suffered a season-ending knee injury after six games his freshman season and was given a medical redshirt. He will graduate from Coastal Carolina on Saturday and will be eligible immediately at Illinois because he will pursue a graduate degree unavailable at his former school.

ESPN

Sad to see this is over.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...0,7828209.story

ESPN.com reports: Indiana and Kentucky won't meet during the college basketball regular season for the forseeable future because the Hoosiers want to play the games at on-campus sites and the Wildcats favor neutral-site games.

Kentucky coach John Calipari said they were willing to play at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, but Indiana's Tom Crean said games there would be too expensive and unfair to the Hoosiers' student body.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
That's dumb. It's not football where one non-conf loss can ruin your national title hopes. Play the game, it can help your kids get used to a big game atmosphere.

The irony is that it was Kentucky years ago who wanted to go to an on-campus format.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
The irony is that it was Kentucky years ago who wanted to go to an on-campus format.

Then they lost their chance at an undefeated season playing at Assembly, and that was that.

The new trend in college basketball is starting. Why do home-home series with other major programs with big fan bases when you can sell 3-4x the amount of tickets at a neutral site stadium and split the revenue?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)

Exactly, it's stupid. It's COLLEGE basketball. There should be tradition, student sections, and all that with the home and home. Neutrals are fun and all, but there's nothing like playing at Rupp/Assembly Hall. I also think it has something to do with Cal not wanting to lose his undefeated home record next year.

Exactly, it's stupid. It's COLLEGE basketball. There should be tradition, student sections, and all that with the home and home. Neutrals are fun and all, but there's nothing like playing at Rupp/Assembly Hall. I also think it has everything to do with Cal not wanting to lose his undefeated home record next year.

Fixed that for you.

Looks like the first reports were wrong and ISU is going to hire former Redbird and current Vandy assistant Dan Muller. I like this a lot better. Would hope he keeps Paris Parham and Judson on the staff.