2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 09:00 PM)
I'm of the opinion that you have to beat at least 1 tourney team no matter what your record is. Like I said, I'm definitely rooting for them though.

Mississippi? Maybe?

Either way, I think their RPI says enough for me. Normally I side with the big conference programs, but they've blown so many chances that in this case I'm siding with the mid major.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bubble is so bad that Middle Tennessee should be in. 28-5 is good enough compared to what these other teams bring to the table.

I want them to get in if for no other reason than to hear Dickie V whine about how some mediocre SEC, Big 12, or Pac 12 team should be in instead.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 08:46 PM)
The bubble is so bad that Middle Tennessee should be in. 28-5 is good enough compared to what these other teams bring to the table.

I am in no way a big mid-major supporter, but when a team wins their conference by five games over 2nd place, how do they not get a tourney bid??? (This is more a complaint about small conference tournaments than anything)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 10:24 PM)
Why am I arguing against the mid major right now? What's going on?

Because you're always wrong regarding mid-majors. Usually you support them when they don't deserve it. Now they do and you're against them. Makes sense.

Mizzou reinventing ways to lose to inferior teams. Lead almost the whole game, up 14 in the second half, throw the ball away on the inbound tied with :28 seconds left and lose. Fire Frank Haith please. There are times when I'm convinced he's the worst coach in college basketball.

Mizzou reinventing ways to lose to inferior teams. Lead almost the whole game, up 14 in the second half, throw the ball away on the inbound tied with :28 seconds left and lose. Fire Frank Haith please. There are times when I'm convinced he's the worst coach in college basketball.

Frank Haith may be the worst overall, but nobody is worse in March than Mike Brey. 16-22 combined in BIG EAST and NCAA tournament games, and only 3 times in 13 years did he even win two games in a single tournament, and has never won three.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
Frank Haith may be the worst overall, but nobody is worse in March than Mike Brey. 16-22 combined in BIG EAST and NCAA tournament games, and only 3 times in 13 years did he even win two games in a single tournament, and has never won three.

Notre Dame plays in the deepest conference in the country. What do you expect?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 15, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
I want them to get in if for no other reason than to hear Dickie V whine about how some mediocre SEC, Big 12, or Pac 12 team should be in instead.

I love seeing the mid-majors in. The tourney is just more interesting for me when there are oddball teams there instead of the 8th place team in the Big 10 or SEC>

I'm rooting for Southern Miss right now. Would love to see more of the mid-major types this year. Lunardi was on ESPN Radio a couple of weeks ago and stated that even though a bunch of upsets in mid to small conferences makes his job harder, he is rooting for that to happen this year because the bubble is abnormally weak. When asked why he had Tennessee in, he basically made it sound like he flipped a coin without actually saying it. It was kind of like "who else is better?".

I hope Ole Miss gets pounded today. Maybe combining that with a Southern Miss upset of Memphis and the SEC gets relegated to two teams in? That would be sweet! Though it would not shock me if Tennessee somehow still sneaks in.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 04:27 AM)
Mizzou: World beaters at home, cupcakes on the road.

In fairness, that was a neutral game and they've been decent on neutral floors. Wins over Stanford, VCU, Illinois, A&M. Losses to Louisville and Ole Miss. Nothing to be ashamed of there, just awful close to last night's game.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 12:03 PM)
How good of a fit would Collins be at NW?

Read on his wiki page he was the first ever player at Glenbrook North to play college basketball. Seems unlikely, even if it meant D-1 only.

Collins would be a good fit considering he's recruited the area. That said, he could easily get a better job than that. As for GBN, it's possible. They weren't very good before Collins, but they have at least 1-2 kids per year playing at least DIII now.

Well Rock I probably wont post tomorrow because Im about to go out and who knows when Ill be able minded again.

So good luck. I got nothing against the Buckeyes and Wisconsin plays them better than MSU, so who knows what happens. Hopefully Wisconsin gets a 4 seed in the NCAA, a Big 10 Tourney would just be icing.

Guess that should have gone in big 10 tournament thread, oh well.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 16, 2013 -> 06:54 PM)
Well Rock I probably wont post tomorrow because Im about to go out and who knows when Ill be able minded again.

So good luck. I got nothing against the Buckeyes and Wisconsin plays them better than MSU, so who knows what happens. Hopefully Wisconsin gets a 4 seed in the NCAA, a Big 10 Tourney would just be icing.

Guess that should have gone in big 10 tournament thread, oh well.

We want revenge so I hope that's enough. Here's hoping for health for both teams regardless of outcomes.