2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
I dont think he ends up as a top 3 scorer in the Big Ten this season. He obviously couldnt get much going against athletes in the NBA.

You do realize that John Shurna led the Big 10 in scoring last year right? Adam Morrison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John Shurna. The Big 10 was better this year than last year but this argument is pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
You do realize that John Shurna led the Big 10 in scoring last year right? Adam Morrison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John Shurna. The Big 10 was better this year than last year but this argument is pretty ridiculous.

Appreciate the input. I disagree.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
I know McGary has said he's coming back, but I just saw he's the #2 scorer and #1 rebounder left in the final four. Is that correct? He's probably playing himself into a top 10 pick.

I know last summer some places had him as a top 5-10 pick this year. Then he got off to a slow start and disappeared from draft boards.

Given how deep next year's class is, maybe he will come out. But I think he'd be better served sticking around a year to prove he can do for a whole year what he's done in the tournament.

As for whether your starts are correct...I'm assuming that he's the #2 scorer and #1 rebounder for the tournament (and not the season) that's left. That's plausible.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
I think its possible McGary comes out this year.

I bet he's 50/50. Hope he stays because I just don't see him being able to guard anyone in the NBA right now. cant defend at rim yet

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
I bet he's 50/50. Hope he stays because I just don't see him being able to guard anyone in the NBA right now. cant defend at rim yet

With where this year's draft is sitting, he shouldn't be comparing himself to the league, he should be comparing himself to everyone else in the draft.

Very underwhelming. I'd rather have NIU jump over than Loyola.

NIU not a candidate for MVC due to playing FBS football. I think it might be better for the MVC to just stay at 9 rather than add a team who will drag down their RPI like that.

UW-Milwaukee seems like they would have been the best choice, but maybe they weren't willing to split up with UW-Green Bay.

Still, I think Valpo would have been a better choice than Loyola. Valpo-Indiana St Valpo-Evansville could develop into good rivalries.

Edited by HickoryHuskers