2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
If Oladipo can add even a decent outside shot (say, ~35-38% from 3-point) I have no doubt he'll be a first rounder, barring injury (which I always worry about with him given how he plays).

My other wish for Victor is increased body control and learning a soft landing!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:17 AM)
Miami University, so a lot less athletically focused than Big Ten caliber schools. Just shows you.

And OSU is one of two big ten teams that was honored for their APR, so they are clearly doing something right or have really really good study tables.

I was joking. Miami does bring back fond memories. Many good looking women there. Is it still like that? I spent a weekend there. Didn't see many 10's, but almost every one I saw was a 7-9. I saw as many ugly women in my first two hours back at Evansville than I did the whole weekend in Oxford. Made out with a cute chick on the dance floor at some bar on High St or Main St(?). Almost had her ready to take me back to her place when her friends came in and "rescued her". As a reference point, that was the night that Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson in Japan. Damn, I'm old!

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
I was joking. Miami does bring back fond memories. Many good looking women there. Is it still like that? I spent a weekend there. Didn't see many 10's, but almost every one I saw was a 7-9. I saw as many ugly women in my first two hours back at Evansville than I did the whole weekend in Oxford. Made out with a cute chick on the dance floor at some bar on High St or Main St(?). Almost had her ready to take me back to her place when her friends came in and "rescued her". As a reference point, that was the night that Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson in Japan. Damn, I'm old!

High st just like every other main st in ohio, its weird like that. The girls are very good looking and for the most part VERY high maintenance. Its a really good time and great campus, I would recommend a visit to anyone who goes through southern ohio.

I remember that night well although my babysitter had ordered that fight on my parents HBO. You old fart!!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
Oladipo shooting 38% from three is simply laughable.

Actually it's not. He has a decent shot. He just stopped taking 3's last year when he started handling the ball more. His ability to drive is so good there isn't a need to shoot from 3, especially with the other shooters we had. But his shot is better than you think. He just has to take it more consistently to shoot at that %. If teams adjust and lay back to keep him from driving you could see more shots. He shot 31% as a freshman.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
High st just like every other main st in ohio, its weird like that. The girls are very good looking and for the most part VERY high maintenance. Its a really good time and great campus, I would recommend a visit to anyone who goes through southern ohio.

I remember that night well although my babysitter had ordered that fight on my parents HBO. You old fart!!

Yes I am!!

Cool babysitter though!

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Crean is pushing full class loads and summer courses on the athletes that can handle it, which is a good idea since he'll be oversigning so much. Peegs is interviewing about 5 prospects a week it seems that have visited IU and it seems Oladipo is just on another level, along with Zeller (also heard great things about Sheehey). Couple top 20 prospects in 2013 and 2014 scrimmaged with the team and said there's just no way Vic and Cody will be back in 2013. Couple that with 5-6 NBA scouts that have made it into open gyms saying Oladipo looks like a first rounder, I'm interested to see just how unstoppable this kid has become. The last 6-8 games of the season he was one of the best players in the country at getting to the rim. I went back and watched the UK game in the NCAA tournament... He drove 9 times, and scored 7 times on Miller/Gilchrist and Davis. Should be a great, great year.

From everything I hear, Victor and Sheehey are complete gym rats and the hardest workers on the team. I would not be surprised if Cody stays for his junior year. His talent and draft stock are not the question. But if you look at the family, I just don't see the urgency. They march to a different drum beat. I'm not saying he will, but it would not surprise me at all if he stays another year. He and his family apparently don't need the money and he just doesn't seem like a jump to the NBA kind of kid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:37 AM)
Looked like Yogi had a good game in that KY vs Indiana all star game. Also looked like Gary Harris is about as good as I thought he would be.

Anybody know where I can find box scores for the two games? There was a kid for both Indiana and Kentucky going to Evansville. I'd like to see how they did.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Oladipo shooting 38% from three is simply laughable.

Prepare yourself then for the comment to be brought back when he does... I guess if he has to even attempt a three, that is.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Or he is under sized for an NBA forward with no left hand.

Since when is 6'9" 268 pounds undersized? That is about as accurate as your no left hand comment. In the NBA power forwards average from about 6'8" to 7' and about 240 to 260 pounds. Not all of them shoot 45% from 3pt in college with a mature post up game.

But once again, if there is any red flag its his hips/legs. The guy walks like a duck.

IU commit and junior to be Trey Lyles chose to play for the Canadian (he was born there) U18 Junior National team rather than the US National U17 team. So far in three games, being played in Brazil, he is averaging 17 pts and 16 rebounds a game. Not bad for a kid playing up.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
IU commit and junior to be Trey Lyles chose to play for the Canadian (he was born there) U18 Junior National team rather than the US National U17 team. So far in three games, being played in Brazil, he is averaging 17 pts and 16 rebounds a game. Not bad for a kid playing up.

Easily the best prospect out of Indiana since Oden/Gordon. Unreal skill at his age. Athleticism is coming along very quickly too. If he was eligible for Mr. Basketball this year, he would have won it.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
Easily the best prospect out of Indiana since Oden/Gordon. Unreal skill at his age. Athleticism is coming along very quickly too. If he was eligible for Mr. Basketball this year, he would have won it.

Better than Harris huh? Thats saying alot.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Better than Harris huh? Thats saying alot.

Harris is a great player. Would have loved him at IU. Harris is ranked from 10-25 on scouting sites, probably around #20 seems right. D. Thomas was more impressive in HS than Harris. He's not a sure fire one and done like Oden/Gordon/Lyles are. Trey will be at IU for one year. No chance he comes back. He would have gotten minutes for IU last year.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
Harris is a great player. Would have loved him at IU. Harris is ranked from 10-25 on scouting sites, probably around #20 seems right. D. Thomas was more impressive in HS than Harris. He's not a sure fire one and done like Oden/Gordon/Lyles are. Trey will be at IU for one year. No chance he comes back. He would have gotten minutes for IU last year.

You probably know more than me, but Harris is still the best player in Indiana coming out this year, its a tall order saying a 2014 guy is better than him already, especially when said player is not a consensus overall top guy in the country like someone like Oden was.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
You probably know more than me, but Harris is still the best player in Indiana coming out this year, its a tall order saying a 2014 guy is better than him already, especially when said player is not a consensus overall top guy in the country like someone like Oden was.

Lyles is top 10 in 2014 (from all indications moving on up, likely top 5), which is considered to be one of the best classes in the past 10 years. 2012 was a "down" year nationally. Harris is the best player coming out of Indiana this year, but Lyles is the "best player" in Indiana. He's averaged a double double all since he stepped foot at Tech his freshman year, without even half the help Harris had at HSE (Irvin- who some consider the best 2013 in Indiana is heading to UM and Bledsoe who is mid major D1 point guard).

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
Lyles is top 10 in 2014 (from all indications moving on up, likely top 5), which is considered to be one of the best classes in the past 10 years. 2012 was a "down" year nationally. Harris is the best player coming out of Indiana this year, but Lyles is the "best player" in Indiana. He's averaged a double double all since he stepped foot at Tech his freshman year, without even half the help Harris had at HSE (Irvin- who some consider the best 2013 in Indiana is heading to UM and Bledsoe who is mid major D1 point guard).

Where's Lyles at?