2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:46 PM)
Where is the link between Parham and Parker? That's all I'm saying. He's a good recruiter and good guy from everything I've heard. Good hire for Illinois just don't think he's the key to landing Parker.

In a direct quote from Robert Smith:

“I can’t guarantee anything,” Smith said. “I’m pretty sure he didn’t guarantee anything. I know Paris well enough and he wouldn’t say, ‘I can get you Kendrick and Jabari,’ but he would say he has ties with people and could get them into the community. [Parker’s father] Sonny helped him to become a player. He worked out with Sonny when he was young as well. He’s known [Parker’s mother] for years.

“He knows Jabari and knows Kendrick and knows Kendrick’s parents. If our child is going [to Illinois], we have someone we can trust at the end of the day. I know that those parents are looking at that and that’s important to them.”

Not that I believe Jabari will end up choosing Illinois. The ties to Nunn could be very important, though.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
Only one I can think of that IU is in on is Clff Alexander (Curie...2014 I think). Maybe one more that's escaping my mind.

Perhaps 2015 G Hyron Edwards? No clue if he is a top 50 type player or where he might rank.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
In a direct quote from Robert Smith:

Not that I believe Jabari will end up choosing Illinois. The ties to Nunn could be very important, though.

I think they're best shot is to get both of them to commit as a package. But Illinois will have to make the tournament and be in the top of the conference next season to have any chance.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 08:05 AM)
Perhaps 2015 G Hyron Edwards? No clue if he is a top 50 type player or where he might rank.

He's a Region Rat, and Crean wants he and Coleman bad. I don't think IU will be a final player in Alexanders recruitment. It will be MSU or UK. Jabari Parker is going to MSU or Duke, likely MSU.

I don't think IU will make a splash in Chicago until 2015 with Jordan Ash. IU will stick to Indiana, and the East Coast. The DC area has become very, very pro-IU with Creek, Oladipo, Robinson, and now the newly hired Kenny Johnson from the Team Takeover AAU program. There's some bigtime prospects out there listing IU out in front due to those connections. Too many people in Chicago with their hands out IMO.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 01:40 PM)
He's a Region Rat, and Crean wants he and Coleman bad. I don't think IU will be a final player in Alexanders recruitment. It will be MSU or UK. Jabari Parker is going to MSU or Duke, likely MSU.

I don't think IU will make a splash in Chicago until 2015 with Jordan Ash. IU will stick to Indiana, and the East Coast. The DC area has become very, very pro-IU with Creek, Oladipo, Robinson, and now the newly hired Kenny Johnson from the Team Takeover AAU program. There's some bigtime prospects out there listing IU out in front due to those connections. Too many people in Chicago with their hands out IMO.

If Indiana can keep their own talent in state, IU will be just fine.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:09 AM)
Please find where I said this.

But, no way we get Parker regardless. You aren't the best player in the country and go to Illinois. Not when you can go to ANY program you want to. It was the same thing with Davis. And though not the best, same thing with Scheyer. These aren't "misses." Players of that caliber are national stars, it's not a miss when Illinois doesn't get them.

If Parker some how goes to Champaign...well I don't even know how to finish this sentence. Get real.

I never said it's a miss if they don't get him. I don't expect him to go to Illinois. I was just responding to someone who said Parham could be the key to Illinois landing him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
I think you lose stars for that on recruiting services. :D

Funny you should say that, he actually did drop from a 4-star to a 3-star on rivals since last night. They claim that they did the re-evaluation and ranking change a while ago, but the timing is rather suspicious. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Ha hilarious, on certain message boards people are always complaining about those shenanigans.

Iowa State gained a star on Matt Thomas last night. Now I can say we snatched a 4 star SG from the Badgers instead of a 3 star. :P

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
It would be awesome if Parker for some reason ended up at Depaul.

I'd love to see that program get back on track. Chicago deserves a great college basketball program. Its a damned shamed they haven't had one for a couple of decades.