2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Disagree here. He left Memphis when he knew something would be found.

He stuck out the season for the chance at the title. The rumblings of Rose being ineligable were going on all season. Once it hit ground zero after the Championship game, he bolted.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
He has time to bolt. He wont be at UK for more than 3 more years, Im sure of it.

I feel the same way. He's as shady as they come. I mean, the guy is an absolute slimebag. As soon as the NCAA starts figuring stuff out about Kentucky, he'll bolt. I can't stand the fact that the NCAA doesn't go after coaches once they leave a program that gets sanctions. It really doesn't make sense. But then again, not much makes sense when it comes to the NCAA.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
I feel the same way. He's as shady as they come. I mean, the guy is an absolute slimebag. As soon as the NCAA starts figuring stuff out about Kentucky, he'll bolt. I can't stand the fact that the NCAA doesn't go after coaches once they leave a program that gets sanctions. It really doesn't make sense. But then again, not much makes sense when it comes to the NCAA.

Well, they do give out show-cause penalties so that guys really struggle to get jobs in the NCAA, but a guy can go to the NBA to hide from that (see: Kelvin Sampson).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Well, they do give out show-cause penalties so that guys really struggle to get jobs in the NCAA, but a guy can go to the NBA to hide from that (see: Kelvin Sampson).

Okay, yeah. I don't mean they literally never go after those coaches. But a lot of times they don't. See: Calipari at UMass and Memphis

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 23, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
the NCAA isnt going to bust UK because they know they'll screw themselves with the APR score. Just a matter of time UK is sitting out tournaments like UCONN is because of all these 1 and done's.

I would be shocked if UNC doesn't get busted which kills that theory.

It's complete and utter bulls*** that UConn is getting punished this season for a retroactive application of a new set of rules while UNC gets off clean for what is blatant academic fraud. Nice to see several national outlets with write ups on it but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. NCAA is such an absurd joke. Double standards galore.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Lots of chatter about Nunn and Jackson close to committing to Illinois. Would be two really nice gets for Groce. All illinois based rumor, but still. Finally something to be happy about with Illinois bball.

Getting Jackson would be absolutely huge. Those guys would shorten any sort of rebuilding period...can be top 3-4 Big Ten pretty quickly after.

Here's hoping.