2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
Sarcasm, or are they actually supposed to be good this year? Not messing with you, I really have no idea.

bigtime sarcasm. Lowery left a massive clusterf*** in his wake, both with a s***ty roster and APR issues. Barry Hinson has a huge mess to clean up.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
bigtime sarcasm. Lowery left a massive clusterf*** in his wake, both with a s***ty roster and APR issues. Barry Hinson has a huge mess to clean up.

It'll still be such a nice change to not see that jackass on the sidelines.

But yes, we're going to be god awful for at least a couple of years and then hopefully Barry can start changing some things around.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 01:10 AM)
It'll still be such a nice change to not see that jackass on the sidelines.

But yes, we're going to be god awful for at least a couple of years and then hopefully Barry can start changing some things around.

Barry Hinson was one of the most popular people in Lawrence, Kansas. Everybody loves him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
I see Jackson going to ND, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's different.

On IllinoisLoyalty, they have a few posters with inside sources and most believe he is picking Illinois but it isn't clear cut like they were with Nunn. If Weber was still the head coach I'd just assume the kid was going to ND but now I'm optimistic and going to be disappointed if the kid doesn't put on the Illini hat.

Realllllly hope DJ decides to go to Illinois, it would be huge for the program.

Also, can't wait for Groce to have a full year to recruit his guys, unbelievable job thus far by him, usually we wouldn't even be in the discussion at this point.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
On IllinoisLoyalty, they have a few posters with inside sources and most believe he is picking Illinois but it isn't clear cut like they were with Nunn. If Weber was still the head coach I'd just assume the kid was going to ND but now I'm optimistic and going to be disappointed if the kid doesn't put on the Illini hat.

Yep, agree with all of this. Klee's article this morning said that DJ has kept the decision to himself and that neither set of coaches knows which way he is leaning. Both sides were recruiting even last night.

I think his NBA exposure would be greater at Illinois. He'll get minutes right away and Illinois is a bigger/better program than ND. But who knows, maybe he wants to play the role of local hero.

Diamond Taylor adds to his Carbondale/Jackson County rap sheet with a DUI. And due to the APR hellhole that Lowery left SIU in, the team cannot afford to send him off.

Yay Chris Lowery. Thank you so much for being a quality coach and Alumni.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)
Jackson to ND. Dave Telep posts a video 4 hours before the announcement to scoop his own scoop. What an asshole.

Depressing, I don't want to say same old Illinois because it was pretty crazy even having a shot given short time frame but still had hopes up so high.

Didn't expect anything different. Not bad to come to the wire with a coach that has an 0-0 record here so far. It could mean some good things down the road. But man, would have been huge. Have fun playing at a school where no one gives a crap about basketball I guess. The hometown thing appears to be just too much here.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Groce will get his guys, give it time.

I already have a ton of confidence in his recruiting. Getting Kendrick Nunn was a huge get for the program. 2nd best player in the state for the 2013 class, plus his dad is well connected in Chicago. Throw in the Simeon connection and that was a big recruit for the program. Plus while he may not land any of them, the fact that he was able to make the top 2 for Jackson, top 3 for Tyler Ennis and top 3 for Xavier Rathan-Mayes who are all top 30 recruits despite only being on the job since April is really impressive.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
I already have a ton of confidence in his recruiting. Getting Kendrick Nunn was a huge get for the program. 2nd best player in the state for the 2013 class, plus his dad is well connected in Chicago. Throw in the Simeon connection and that was a big recruit for the program. Plus while he may not land any of them, the fact that he was able to make the top 2 for Jackson, top 3 for Tyler Ennis and top 3 for Xavier Rathan-Mayes who are all top 30 recruits despite only being on the job since April is really impressive.

I'm a little worried in terms of getting big men recruited with Groce, but he has shown that he can attract top guards to this program.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
Didn't expect anything different. Not bad to come to the wire with a coach that has an 0-0 record here so far. It could mean some good things down the road. But man, would have been huge. Have fun playing at a school where no one gives a crap about basketball I guess. The hometown thing appears to be just too much here.

I wonder if he'll regret his decision after watching his announcement show. A Notre Dame football recruit was the lead story.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
I wonder if he'll regret his decision after watching his announcement show. A Notre Dame football recruit was the lead story.

This kid just didn't want to leave his foster family. I read somewhere that he wouldn't even attend the Deron Williams camp this past summer cause he was so scared of leaving home. I think his dad is in jail and mom incapable of raising him or something. Can't blame him for refusing to leave the area. And Brey is a pretty impressive guy. Not like he's playing for some hack program.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)

HUGE get, I honestly thought they were behind OSU at one point.

His bigs may not shine as much as you wish they did but wait until he installs lengthy athletic wings and guards who can run. It will bring alot to the conference in terms of teams that dont really play the "Big Ten" style.