2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 06:20 AM)
Phil Pressey with the most impressive 3-19 performance you will ever see. That was a fun game to watch, Illinois wasn't gonna win them all, DJ & BP3 went 3-17 from behind the arc, it happens. Just be ready to play at the UC next weekend, Auburn just lost home to Winthrop so that needs to be an easy W.

And back off all you Tyler Griffey haters.

Griffey was dreadful. Is there a site that tracks cbb +/-?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
It was true. Thought Dykes might fellate him. Maybe then he could have hit something.

It's a nationally televised game. They aren't just televising for the fans of the team they are introducing viewers to the teams and their top players. Pressey is clearly a top pg in nation so they are going to focus on him. He was able to dribble through your double teams and when a player is slashing to the hoop you are going to draw help. He also was great on Paul in the second half. Pressey has always shot too much, but all you need is to check out what happened when he left for the bench to see his value on mizzou even on a bad night.

He was bad last night. No other way to spin it. Kept Illinois close. He did make some nice passes, but it takes a pg with with an iq of about 20 to get the ball down low last night. Him trying to shoot while Illinois kept inexplicably switching Egwu on him was flat out stupid.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
Griffey made just about every big shot Illinois had last night. I think it's pretty clear D.J. Richardson was the goat. He had some of the worst shot selection you'll see.

Griffey did what Griffey does. Shot well from behind the arc and did nothing else particularly well. Richardson was awful.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
Not sure what to think of that because Egwu was absolutely great last night.

Bertrand took over for a few minutes as well.

Paul and DJ had bad nights, and the team overall didn't shoot very well.

I'm okay with this loss, we didn't bring our A-game and we still kept it close. I think it bodes well for BIG play for us.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 05:03 PM)
Griffey did what Griffey does. Shot well from behind the arc and did nothing else particularly well. Richardson was awful.

Exactly. I understand his defensive issues, but let's not act like he contributed nothing. 4-7 from behind the arc, 14 points, that's helpful.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 07:54 PM)
Bertrand took over for a few minutes as well.

Paul and DJ had bad nights, and the team overall didn't shoot very well.

I'm okay with this loss, we didn't bring our A-game and we still kept it close. I think it bodes well for BIG play for us.

They didn't shoot well and got destroyed in the paint by a bigger team, yet had a chance to tie with 90 seconds left. Can't complain.