2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
I'd be shocked if Michigan is still undefeated after their next 2 games. They'll lose at least one of these.

Sweet! The "Justin Kiss of Death"!

Seriously, Minnesota scares me more, as a Michigan fan, than any other team in the Big 10, despite losing yesterday. Their bigs could cause big problems on both ends.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)

Seriously, Minnesota scares me more, as a Michigan fan, than any other team in the Big 10, despite losing yesterday. Their bigs could cause big problems on both ends.

Haha if you guys win both you owe me.

I think anyone who has been paying attention saw this coming. Not that this game is over, but UM hasn't really played anyone. Burke is damn good, but Hardaway/Robinson are awful streaky. For the athletes they have, just no defense whatsoever. Minny will kill them inside with their physical bigs.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Michigan getting exposed.... Jump shooting team that doesn't play very good defense. They sorely need an inside presence. McGary doesn't have the basketball IQ to be that huge difference this year.

McGary needs to catch up to college ball strength. Sometimes looks like he has two left feet.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Michigan getting exposed.... Jump shooting team that doesn't play very good defense. They sorely need an inside presence. McGary doesn't have the basketball IQ to be that huge difference this year.

I said early on I thought the play of Jordan Morgan would be the key to how far they can go this year, for that very reason. Winning on the road is proving to be VERY difficult this year. It always is, but it seems to be harder this year with the top half of the conference.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)

Minny is not that big. They just rebound well. Their front line is 6'4, 6'7 and 6'8.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
By your recent logic, Michigan is playing the "f*** it's a road game" game today. So I don't know why you were worried, LOL.

Not really recent, it's been going on for years. Like I said before the game in champaign, we aren't very good yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
How is that not an And1?

Hey you don't get to complain about the refs when it was 12-4 going into the last min fouling period. Honestly I taped the game but i assume this was a typical home win. We will prob get blown out in AA. The offense can't continue to be Thomas and nobody else.

If you're a poll voter, who do you vote #1 this week? Duke, who lost this week? Or Louisville, who lost to Duke? Both losses occurred without a regular starter. Does Indiana move up to #3 or do they go to #4 with Michigan just dropping to #3?

How do you differentiate between that many teams with one loss? Where does Kansas fit? Should the losses of Duke, Michigan and Arizona this week really affect their stature?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
Hey you don't get to complain about the refs when it was 12-4 going into the last min fouling period. Honestly I taped the game but i assume this was a typical home win. We will prob get blown out in AA. The offense can't continue to be Thomas and nobody else.

I'm not blaming refs for loss, but when u see the play, even you would agree.