2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeahhhh this isn't gonna happen.

As much as I cannot stand Mike Brusewitz*, I'll give him credit for hitting some clutch free throws.

*I'm mad at myself for being mad at him, because he's that guy you love when he's on your team, but everyone else hates him...and those guys always love to be hated. Like Will Sheehey on Indiana. Or, the greatest of them, Mr. A.J. Pierzynski.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
You've been waiting since halftime for that, haven't you? :lol:

Well...yeah :lol:

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
You must be pretty awful to lose to Wisconsin

We warmed them up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
Unbelievable.

Wisconsin is Indiana's kryptonite.

And Wisconsin is alone in 1st. Weird. So much for being a B10 bubble team/not with the top tier, at least for now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
This is a really strange week. I was pretty convinced that Wisconsin was going to lose to Illinois and Indiana.

As an Indiana fan, I was confident in Indiana being ready to disappoint me, as most of my sports teams do :).

That 2nd half was the best defense I've seen Indiana play in a decade. Too bad they couldn't figure out how to put together a consistent offensive possession or control the mistakes at the end.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 02:11 AM)
So I saw this asked a couple of years ago and didn't give it much thought then but who did more damage to Illinois basketball Bruce Pearl or Bruce Weber? The answer very well might be Weber. Pretty astonishing.

I like you as a poster, but come on. They are losing by 15 to Northwestern at home and your first thought is to bring up Bruce Weber?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 09:15 PM)
I like you as a poster, but come on. They are losing by 15 to Northwestern at home and your first thought is to bring up Bruce Weber?

My first thought is that Groce needs to start making adjustments now that teams know what this team is running, my second is that Bruce Weber recruited the worst collection of big men I have ever seen and not a single guard that is truly a plus ball handler or passer. He also didn't recruit a single pure shooter. How you pull that off when your offense is geared around passing and shooting is mindboggling.

With respect to Groce, we need to start having more movement off the ball while the guards are attacking. There is almost never a cutter to pass to when they drive (not that Paul or Abrams are really looking to pass anyways) you also need to change the action from the big men on the high ball screen, the big men all suck and teams don't respect them so have them set the ball screen and then set a screen for someone else to change up the action and give a new look. I would run more sets for Paul as he is the only guard that I feel can make a shot off a screen right now.

On defense they are a mess and that is a carry over from last year. Only real difference is we are much worse on the glass. I'm a big fan of what Ryan does defensively at Wisconsin unless you have a team that is truly athletic enough to pressure which we don't have right now, you also need big men who can clean up mistakes which we definitely don't have. Pull off the pressure and make teams shoot over the top.