Sox @Astros FINAL spring game thread 4/4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Tied at 3 after Wilkins double and Alexei triple.

Anyone see Lexi's swing here? He's had one of our worst springs, would be nice if he was getting the timing down right about now.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
For the price and what he brings, that Fukudome signing was pretty solid.

Indeed, and to be honest, I think the Sox would be a better team with a Fukudome/Lillibridge platoon in RF instead of Rios playing every day.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
Indeed, and to be honest, I think the Sox would be a better team with a Fukudome/Lillibridge platoon in RF instead of Rios playing every day.

If it weren't for the money, you'd get an agreement. We've got to find a way to make him worth something.

That would be sweet if Mitchell fixed something in his swing and now he's on the right path to the majors. That would be huge for the Sox.

An outfield in a couple years with Mitchell and Thompson would be appealing. Keenyn Walker would be gravy if he turns out too.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
That would be sweet if Mitchell fixed something in his swing and now he's on the right path to the majors. That would be huge for the Sox.

An outfield in a couple years with Mitchell and Thompson would be appealing. Keenyn Walker would be gravy if he turns out too.

As raw as these guys are, the odds of all 3 succeeding are pretty low. Before Mitchell's injury, I might have said we could have a shot at 2/3 getting there, but I'll stick with "it'd be really great if 1 of these 3 became a legit, starting, MLB outfielder".