The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 05:53 AM)
Could you imagine how much better the Rays would be if they had Ozzie as manager letting them do whatever the f*** they wanted, instead of Joe Maddon who is always making those little tweaks?

I simply love that the Sox got anything at all for that windbag piece of s***.

OMG. Your last sentence is very very insulting. Not everybody hates Ozzie, u know.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Could you imagine how much better the Rays would be if they had Ozzie as manager letting them do whatever the f*** they wanted, instead of Joe Maddon who is always making those little tweaks?

I simply love that the Sox got anything at all for that windbag piece of s***.

I was listening to Tim Belcher, who's now a special assistant with the Indians.

He was going on about how he hated those shifts because of the 3B having to take the throw and act as a SS ("nothing good can come out of that"), but he also was quick to mention Maddon leads the AL in shifts and that it has proven very effective for them.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/201...5-marlins-loss/

Hard to say whether manager Ozzie Guillen was joking with his response when he was asked to sum up the Marlins’ 15-5 loss tonight.

“Easy,” he replied with a chuckle. “Seven Presidentes (beer) and a sleeping pill and be ready for the job tomorrow.”

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 08:12 AM)
Ozzie is getting paid to hang around a baseball team and party down in Miami.

Honestly, good for him. We'd all love that gig.

He's so good at that, he should win Manager of the Year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
My god. How can you say that about a WS winning manager.

He was a great character too. He left that cheapskate bastard Comiskey and his name was Pants.

How dare they insult the man that brought Chicago a World Series for the first time in 11 years.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
My god. How can you say that about a WS winning manager.

Aside from being outspoken, Ozzie Guillen is well respected throughout baseball. Who is on all the TV shows during the postseason? Ozzie Guillen is one of the top five managers in baseball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 03:39 AM)
Aside from being outspoken, Ozzie Guillen is well respected throughout baseball. Who is on all the TV shows during the postseason? Ozzie Guillen is one of the top five managers in baseball.

You say this with certainty, but it might be in Ozzie's best interest for his managing reputation to get the Marlins back on track. They are a terrible team right now, and they look to be another Ozzie team that fails to live up to their expectations.

Greg, I bet you didn't know that the Marlins run differential this year is negative 60. The Cubs, a team that you were furious that the Sox were unable to win more than one game against this week, has a run differential this year of negative 56. The Marlins have the 3rd worst run differential in all of baseball. That's inexcusable with that talent.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)

What does that have to do with respect? It has everything to do with ratings and Ozzie's boisterous personality. This guy talks a lot and is outspoken, let's put him on TV.