The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
Lost 15 out of their last 17. Second highest run differential in the NL, ahead of only the Padres.

Marlins are just about done for the year. Really incredible.

And with the amount of money they blew on free agents last year, man, that's not very good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Loria is crazy. He had a pep talk with the team Thursday and bragged with the media about it, of course, the Marlins are 0-3 since then, giving up six in the ninth today.

True that, and crazy rich too. Rich enough to eat Ozzie's contract if when it comes to that.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
People in Miami are actually waiting for an Ozzie explosion to the media, they think he's been "too nice" lately

Do the people in Miami even remember who Ozzie is?? LeBronBron just won a title and there has to be NASCAR race close soon.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
Last Place :)

Why do you guys care how the Marlns are doing?

It's a lack of class IMO to root against Ozzie Guillen. I guess he's the scapegoat even though our team this year is as dysfunctional as ever. You guys blame Ozzie for the Sox play this year yet?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)

It's a lack of class IMO to root against Ozzie Guillen. I guess he's the scapegoat even though our team this year is as dysfunctional as ever. You guys blame Ozzie for the Sox play this year yet?

Haha

Greg, if you're going by pre-season expectations, whether reasonable or not:

1) Tigers/Marlins

2) Royals

3) White Sox

Most prognosticators had us somewhere between 3rd and 5th, with 4th being the average choice.

In the NL East, there was the belief that the Marlins, Phillies and Nationals all had a great deal of talent coming in (obviously the Howard and Utley injuries affected the Phillies greatly), maybe that the Nationals were still a year away, the Mets were in rebuilding mode (certainly they didn't expect much from Santana), and then the Braves were a big disappointment down the stretch and nobody knew what to expect after their late-season collapse.

Most people were picking the Marlins for 1st, 2nd or at worst 3rd and everyone had them in consideration for a Wild Card berth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 02:48 AM)

Patently wrong.

We have a big hole at 3B, which is the only thing that's kept us from 1st place, and not by much.

We no longer have a hole at Mgr., because RV actually gives a damn and will learn from his mistakes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)

I mean crazy things like this year not being able to win at home, totally streaky play. It's just like our play with Ozzie, hanging around .500 or a little above.

I like Robin, but Ozzie is a very very good manager. He kept our team loose. He'd still be here if not for a personal 1-1 war with the GM, who won that battle.

Why root against Ozzie now is all I ask? He bled White Sox red.

"When I said how we can make this thing better, they rolled their eyes," Guillen said. "That's not a good sign. A lot of people are blaming coaches, blaming moves we make. We're doing everything we can.

"I've been patient because I've seen this team play very well, but at the end of the day I think we should be ashamed. I'm ashamed of myself. ... I will take full, full blame about all this stuff. I don't blame anybody because I'm the one who believes in the players. I'm the one who puts them in the best spot to succeed and they're not, but at the end of the day guys got to do it."

Guillen and owner Jeffrey Loria already have addressed the group. For fear of saying something he might later regret, Guillen said he chose not to talk to the group Saturday, after the Blue Jays scored six ninth-inning runs to clinch the series.

"What I see is terrible," Guillen said.

"What I see is pathetic, including myself. I take the blame. I do take the blame, but in the meanwhile I have to see something different. There are a few people here that feel a little bit too comfortable and that's going to change. I'm getting paid to win games and I'm not doing my job right now."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/06/23/4584323/m...l#storylink=cpy

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
I mean crazy things like this year not being able to win at home, totally streaky play. It's just like our play with Ozzie, hanging around .500 or a little above.

I like Robin, but Ozzie is a very very good manager. He kept our team loose. He'd still be here if not for a personal 1-1 war with the GM, who won that battle.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)

Also, White Sox red? I know it's Sunday...but...

Also, that article Balta posted, that's how you keep a clubhouse loose.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)

Inconsistent is not the same thing as dysfunctional.

And if Ozzie bled White Sox red, he wouldn't have negotiated with Marlins green during the season.

The Marlins, according to expected W-L and Coolstandings.com...are projected to finish 70-92. Ouch.

Honestly, if the Marlins really do that poorly, this might be one of the worst coached seasons in the past decade.

That team has Stanton, Reyes, Hanley, Johnson (he's actually healthy), Sanchez, Nolasco, and Buehrle, yet they have the second worst run differential in all of baseball.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)
Nah, f*** that guy.

It's not like Ozzie Guillen ever had any class to begin with. He told the fans to go f*** themselves if they don't like his lineups.