The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
I think most posters would say I've said enough on Ozzie.

This "quit on the team" stuff is tiresome. Did Rios quit on the team? Did Dunn? It's easy to spout such a simplistic phrase. Do grown men and women really think Ozzie Guillen quit on the White Sox?

Probably. No. Yes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This "quit on the team" stuff is tiresome. Did Rios quit on the team? Did Dunn? It's easy to spout such a simplistic phrase. Do grown men and women really think Ozzie Guillen quit on the White Sox?

Which one of those guys with additional years on their contracts was negotiating with another team during the season? There is only one right answer.

What's tiresome is you trying to defend something that is not defensible.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)

YES

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Which one of those guys with additional years on their contracts was negotiating with another team during the season? There is only one right answer.

With a week to go in a long lost season? Negotiating with the total approval of his current team that didn't want him? KW prolly held a party praying Ozzie would negotiate with the Marlins.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
What's tiresome is you trying to defend something that is not defensible.

I have the ultimate defense: A world series title. Case closed.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
With a week to go in a long lost season? Negotiating with the total approval of his current team that didn't want him? KW prolly held a party praying Ozzie would negotiate with the Marlins.

There were leaks that he was negotiating with the Marlins in July.

And World Series title means he can f*** over the team? Cool.

The Sox gave him approval to seek a job somewhere else in the middle of September? Is this a joke of some sort?

And a WS is the ultimate defense? Hey, Trent Dilfer was great at football because he won a ring. Dan Marino therefore sucked a**. Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan since he has more championships. Hey man, it's the ultimate defense, right?

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 03:39 AM)
The Sox gave him approval to seek a job somewhere else in the middle of September? Is this a joke of some sort?

And a WS is the ultimate defense? Hey, Trent Dilfer was great at football because he won a ring. Dan Marino therefore sucked a**. Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan since he has more championships. Hey man, it's the ultimate defense, right?

Ozzie was manager of the team; that's generally regarded as a pretty important job.

The Sox didn't want Ozzie anymore. If they did, he'd still be here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
Ozzie was manager of the team; that's generally regarded as a pretty important job.

Why is it so important if Ozzie admits he really never does anything and delegates all the responsibilities to his coaching staff?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 05:26 AM)
Why is it so important if Ozzie admits he really never does anything and delegates all the responsibilities to his coaching staff?

I said 'generally' regarded as an important job.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)

So if it's so important, he's why the Marlins are failing, right?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)

And quarterback of an NFL team isn't a pretty important job. Ok.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
So if it's so important, he's why the Marlins are failing, right?

NO. HEATH BELL IS TERRIBLE. THAT'S WHY

Greg has fully been addicted to Guillen kool aid. Just like Oney and all the others, if Ozzie's team fails, there are fingers to be pointed in every direction except one. Ironically, if you gave him a team with HOFers at every position and they won, the reason would be Ozzie.

If Ozzie was half as great and influenced the outcomes of games as much as some believe, there is no way the Marlins would be where they are right now.

He was effective when he was about winning. When it became all about money, Ozzie became a below average MLB manager, as the results indicate. Maybe he can get it back, but it would be hard. Once you're stopped taken seriously, its not often anyone, at least players, will reverse that thinking.

Ozzie and Ditka are pretty similar.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
Weren't you just arguing earlier in this thread in favor of Ozzie basically doing nothing as manager but playing dominoes and drinking?

get out of here and get back to trolling the Ohman appreciation thread

I was referring to the fact that you keep insisting that Ozzie didn't quit. Him winning a WS has nothing to do with that. Why he quit also has nothing to do with it. It's just a simple fact you can't seem to acknowledge.

Ozzie had a contract to manage the team through the 2012 season, but instead he decided to quit before his contract was fulfilled and go manage the Marlins instead.

Nothing you say can make that statement false, so quit tying.

So the answer was Ozzie quit on the team, correct? The rest of your post is bulls*** fluff.

Man, if Robin...or really anyone else wins a World Series with the Sox Greg will have no legs to stand on anymore. Maybe he'll resort to "Well Ozzie gave the Sox their FIRST World Championship!"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
I bet if we took out all of the Ozzie related discussions, there would be about eight posts in this thread.

Well, in greg's defense, I don't think it's just a coincidence a Marlins thread (one that he did not make) was created for the first time in soxtalk history this year. We all want Ozzie to fail now. greg doesn't. You had to know this was coming.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
Greg has fully been addicted to Guillen kool aid. Just like Oney and all the others, if Ozzie's team fails, there are fingers to be pointed in every direction except one. Ironically, if you gave him a team with HOFers at every position and they won, the reason would be Ozzie.

If Ozzie was half as great and influenced the outcomes of games as much as some believe, there is no way the Marlins would be where they are right now.

He was effective when he was about winning. When it became all about money, Ozzie became a below average MLB manager, as the results indicate. Maybe he can get it back, but it would be hard. Once you're stopped taken seriously, its not often anyone, at least players, will reverse that thinking.

Ozzie and Ditka are pretty similar.

Not a bad post or a bad theory, but you guys act like the Marlins season is over. And the team is finished. Why bury Ozzie so quickly with his new team?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
I was referring to the fact that you keep insisting that Ozzie didn't quit. Him winning a WS has nothing to do with that. Why he quit also has nothing to do with it. It's just a simple fact you can't seem to acknowledge.

Ozzie had a contract to manage the team through the 2012 season, but instead he decided to quit before his contract was fulfilled and go manage the Marlins instead.

Nothing you say can make that statement false, so quit tying.

My disagreement with the Ozzie haters on the "quit" issue is what does it matter? The semantics?? The White Sox did not want Ozzie back. Ozzie could not coexist with KW any longer. There was a divorce. He quit with a week left? Big deal. Sox wanted him OUT. Can you deny this?? You think the White Sox wanted him back for this season? KW won that battle.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
Man, if Robin...or really anyone else wins a World Series with the Sox Greg will have no legs to stand on anymore. Maybe he'll resort to "Well Ozzie gave the Sox their FIRST World Championship!"

No legs to stand on ... what? I am not here to say Robin is worst than Ozzie. All I do is defend Ozzie when he's criticized. It's not a deal where I don't want the Sox to win the WS. I don't go out there rooting for the Sox to lose. Are you crazy? I want the Sox to win more than ever. Why can you not accept the fact I am an Ozzie DEFENDER not Robin hater or Sox hater or Ozzie supporter? I also defend Wise and I don't want the Yankees to win a game.

I defend Pods and I don't want whatever team he is on now to win.

I don't care if the Marlins win. I don't care if Ozzie gets fired by Miami.

All I want is for people to either praise Ozzie on here (in a best case scenario) for his body of work with the White Sox or at the worst to shut up and not take pot shots at him, which in my mind forces me to respond.

I wish people would ONLY concentrate on this team so we can discuss this team and I won't have to defend Ozzie. It's growing tiresome.

Edited by greg775