The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
Well, in greg's defense, I don't think it's just a coincidence a Marlins thread (one that he did not make) was created for the first time in soxtalk history this year. We all want Ozzie to fail now. greg doesn't. You had to know this was coming.

I don't...I honestly hope he does well...I am interested in following his exploits, but certainly don't wish ill-will upon him.

I do think the "quit on the White Sox" thing is ridiculous....who the hell cares...season was over, we were all wanting him gone...he obliged us, and yet now we are holding it against him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
I don't...I honestly hope he does well...I am interested in following his exploits, but certainly don't wish ill-will upon him.

I do think the "quit on the White Sox" thing is ridiculous....who the hell cares...season was over, we were all wanting him gone...he obliged us, and yet now we are holding it against him.

Amen. Great post IMO.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
Do I care about the whole Ozzie "quit" on the Sox thing? No. Do I think Ozzie is a huge douche, not worth the headache, and a sub par baseball manager? Certainly.

I eccho those sentiments.

PS: Despite some rumors, my account was not hacked.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Not a bad post or a bad theory, but you guys act like the Marlins season is over. And the team is finished. Why bury Ozzie so quickly with his new team?

I don't care if the Marlins win. I don't care if Ozzie gets fired by Miami.All I want is for people to either praise Ozzie on here (in a best case scenario) for his body of work with the White Sox or at the worst to shut up and not take pot shots at him, which in my mind forces me to respond.

I wish people would ONLY concentrate on this team so we can discuss this team and I won't have to defend Ozzie. It's growing tiresome.

I guess we're all just assuming they should be buried because he kind of has a past of quitting on his own team in the face of adversity. Then again, maybe he won't quit this teach because he's now in hot Miami with a ton of money in a Latin community with a loving GM where people don't give two s***s about baseball. Why would he quit on that?

And oh, don't worry, he won't get fired by Miami. He's a great manager, probably better than Lasorda and Weaver. The Marlins only tripled (maybe even quadrupled) their payroll upon his arrival, so I have no idea why he'd get fired for their underachieving season. It's all Heath Bell's, Kenny's, or Adam Dunn's fault for Miami's struggles this year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
I eccho those sentiments.

PS: Despite some rumors, my account was not hacked.

Why should I believe the owner of the website if I can believe greg instead?

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 03:49 AM)
I guess we're all just assuming they should be buried because he kind of has a past of quitting on his own team in the face of adversity. Then again, maybe he won't quit this teach because he's now in hot Miami with a ton of money in a Latin community with a loving GM where people don't give two s***s about baseball. Why would he quit on that?

And oh, don't worry, he won't get fired by Miami. He's a great manager, probably better than Lasorda and Weaver. The Marlins only tripled (maybe even quadrupled) their payroll upon his arrival, so I have no idea why he'd get fired for their underachieving season. It's all Heath Bell's, Kenny's, or Adam Dunn's fault for Miami's struggles this year.

Why should I believe the owner of the website if I can believe greg instead?

You need some anti-Greg medicine; maybe six beers if u are over 21.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
I should've said more exciting and likeable. But I'm just bulls***ting. quinarvy is the only person here that understands the fact that you don't have to be a homer and still support your teams.

I think I'm the last thing from a homer, so maybe he and I will get along.

I should've said more exciting and likeable. But I'm just bulls***ting. quinarvy is the only person here that understands the fact that you don't have to be a homer and still support your teams.

Oh jeesh...there are quite a few people here that are not homers (I am totally a homer, however) but still support the team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
Oh jeesh...there are quite a few people here that are not homers (I am totally a homer, however) but still support the team.

Have you seen the NBA thread this year? Nobody gets it like I do. But I don't care about that. I was messin' around. There's nothing here. Let's just go back to greg vs the world.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Have you seen the NBA thread this year? Nobody gets it like I do. But I don't care about that. I was messin' around. There's nothing here. Let's just go back to greg vs the world.

Oh it's six of one and seven of the other.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)

Mostly because you have a penchant for being the crazy guy on the corner screaming at no one and everyone all at the same time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:26 PM)
Mostly because you have a penchant for being the crazy guy on the corner screaming at no one and everyone all at the same time.

Hogwash. You're one of the worst of all. But I have to watch what I say to you because you can suspend me. I was accused of not being a fan because I didn't think the Bulls were as good as the Thunder. Then just two weeks ago when I said that there was little to no difference between Westbrook and Rose I was bombarded with, "What are you talking about? Westbrook plays with the best player in the league, the best 6th man in the league and the best shotbolcker in the league." WTF? And that's exactly what I meant when I said the Thunder were better. But wuteva.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
No legs to stand on ... what? I am not here to say Robin is worst than Ozzie. All I do is defend Ozzie when he's criticized. It's not a deal where I don't want the Sox to win the WS. I don't go out there rooting for the Sox to lose. Are you crazy? I want the Sox to win more than ever. Why can you not accept the fact I am an Ozzie DEFENDER not Robin hater or Sox hater or Ozzie supporter? I also defend Wise and I don't want the Yankees to win a game.

I defend Pods and I don't want whatever team he is on now to win.

I don't care if the Marlins win. I don't care if Ozzie gets fired by Miami.

All I want is for people to either praise Ozzie on here (in a best case scenario) for his body of work with the White Sox or at the worst to shut up and not take pot shots at him, which in my mind forces me to respond.

I wish people would ONLY concentrate on this team so we can discuss this team and I won't have to defend Ozzie. It's growing tiresome.

I'm in no way saying you're anti-Robin. All I'm saying is that your MAIN defense of Ozzie and why we should love him eternally is because he won a World Series. Which is something no one else did in 88 prior seasons. If Robin or anyone else wins a Series in the next decade or so that takes away Ozzie's special thing and your main defense of him. He won't nearly be as special, he'll just be another guy that won the Series. Yes he will have been the guy to break that 88 year drought, but he's also the guy that turned into an asshole and soured his legacy to lots of Sox fans.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
I've gotta admit, this soxfan49 guy is rather impressive. Maybe I should take him under my wing? Make him exciting and likeable like I did quinarvy.

:headbang

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Aw, I'm not likeable and exciting? :(

Nope. Need more crazy.

:lolhitting

It's hilarious, because I am a ridiculous homer at times. But more like a Hope-r.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
I think I'm the last thing from a homer, so maybe he and I will get along.

Nah, f*** you.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 30, 2012 -> 07:11 AM)
I'm in no way saying you're anti-Robin. All I'm saying is that your MAIN defense of Ozzie and why we should love him eternally is because he won a World Series. Which is something no one else did in 88 prior seasons. If Robin or anyone else wins a Series in the next decade or so that takes away Ozzie's special thing and your main defense of him. He won't nearly be as special, he'll just be another guy that won the Series. Yes he will have been the guy to break that 88 year drought, but he's also the guy that turned into an asshole and soured his legacy to lots of Sox fans.

I'm glad I'm not coming across as anti Robin because I'm not anti Robin. I had heard last winter from a sportswriter who covers baseball that Robin is a very smart man and he thought he'd succeed because he's smart.

He has handled himself well and looks like the kind of guy who will manage a long time if he wants to. He seems to have a pretty nice feel for it and at least right now isn't letting the pressure get to him. That could change as he grows into the job year after year, but right now he seems pretty special in going with the flow. I guess we'll have to see how gray his hair turns to see if the pressure is getting to him. He doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would dye his hair.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
I've gotta admit, this soxfan49 guy is rather impressive. Maybe I should take him under my wing? Make him exciting and likeable like I did quinarvy.

Did you ever consider that he has the number 49 in his name because he might be 49 years old? Or that he was born in 1949? It might be hard to take him under your wing.

Besides, I already took him under my wing, and then he told me to put it away.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:15 AM)
Catching a game at Miller Park on Wednesday. Ozzie & his band of misfits happen to be the opponent, although looks like I miss #56 by one day.

Miller Park is a great venue. Downside is there is nothing to do around the park.

Marlins are only 4 games out of a playoff spot.

I don't know if they are the only team to do this, but their 5 starters have made every one of their starts.

If that continues, Bell actually closes games, and some of the underachieving offensive players start hitting, the Marlins could be a second half team.

10 NL teams are very much in it, and the Marlins are one of them.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:24 AM)
Miller Park is a great venue. Downside is there is nothing to do around the park.

Great park, can tailgate, beer vendors are always present.

You need to go way back into town to do something after though, not too bad. Milwaukee is a fun drinking town.