The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
When they are a freshman in college getting a 95% in a senior level class and the instructor gives Johnny a B because he got a C on his final, you bet your ass I'm going to be defend little Johnny.

No offense, but why can't he fight his own battle? Go to the chancellor if he has to. The kid doesn't need a parent stepping in. Just my opinion. I fought city hall a lot when I was in college, without help of my parents.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:23 AM)
No offense, but why can't he fight his own battle? Go to the chancellor if he has to. The kid doesn't need a parent stepping in. Just my opinion. I fought city hall a lot when I was in college, without help of my parents.

He did. The chancellor already gave him an A, and the professor who gave him a B has been expelled to Miami.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
He did. The chancellor already gave him an A, and the professor who gave him a B has been expelled to Miami.

Excellent.

But why did you have to get involved then? He had it under control apparently.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:23 AM)

Oh the irony

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:35 AM)

Frankly I thought he did well all the way through his tenure. There never were any complaints about the Sox's on-field performance under Ozzie. He was never on the hot seat until the end when he talked a bit too much. The performance remained fine. It was the other stuff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Frankly I thought he did well all the way through his tenure. There never were any complaints about the Sox's on-field performance under Ozzie. He was never on the hot seat until the end when he talked a bit too much. The performance remained fine. It was the other stuff.

Never any complaints from YOU. EVERYONE else had legitimate complaints.

2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011 say hi!

Stop dancing aroundthe question. I said name a good year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Stop dancing aroundthe question. I said name a good year.

I still haven't had a time to write a dissertation on the subject. But I like his performance in pretty much every season.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
Man greg... your tongue is so far up Ozzie's asshole that you can't think straight.

Do me a favor and kill that post. I mean, cmon. This is a family board. Can't we be civil?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
If it looks like s***, and it smells like s***, and it's coming from Ozzie...then I'd bet $100 it's on greg's tongue too.

Do mean a favor and kill that post. I mean, cmon. This is a family board. Can't we be civil? I truly mean the things I write about Ozzie, so believe it or not, there are other Ozzie supporters in the city of Chicago.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
I still haven't had a time to write a dissertation on the subject. But I like his performance in pretty much every season.

Do me a favor and kill that post. I mean, cmon. This is a family board. Can't we be civil?

Do mean a favor and kill that post. I mean, cmon. This is a family board. Can't we be civil? I truly mean the things I write about Ozzie, so believe it or not, there are other Ozzie supporters in the city of Chicago.

It is?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)

Quit living in the past Joe. Ozzie Guillen sucks. Move on.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
If it looks like s***, and it smells like s***, and it's coming from Ozzie...then I'd bet $100 it's on greg's tongue too.

I don't want to be a dick, but the fact this post has not been killed after being up here for days really says something about the mods' inconsistencies, IMO. I mean what is goin on?

I like witesoxfan's posts a lot of the time, but I have a feeling if I wrote that post I'd be suspended. I'm sure the mods are good people who work hard but I personally feel they missed one there. It is not conducive to good family discussion.

To the Ozzie haters, I mean isn't life better that there's one vocal Ozzie supporter on soxtalk? How boring life would be if everybody agreed Ozzie was evil. People disagree in this world, even if it's just one lone voice versus 1,000. It's a good lesson for kids on this board. Stick to your beliefs.

I think the guy is a great manager and funny as hell. If he sucked this year, who cares? It wasn't our team. It was the Marlins.

Edited by greg775