The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

is anybody else fascinated by the ramifications of knowing greg's age?

like... if he's 18 or something... but then he'd have been 8 when he joined the site... so like... i guess that's not possible...

but if he's like... 65... then, ya know, that could contribute a bit too...

so many FASCINATING things going on in this thread. it's like our very own MTV reality show in here. no matter how bad it is, you can't help but want more.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 06:37 PM)
It truly is a story I've read many a time, normally while wondering why the White Sox were under-performing.

You can't blame Ozzie for Heath Bell turning into a disaster.

You can't blame Ozzie for a player punching a fan.

Times are tough in Miami. But I'm sure there's enough blame to go around without blaming it on the manager solely.

The owner prolly should have kept McKeon a few years. But Ozzie will win there if his players ever produce consistently.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:08 PM)
You can't blame Ozzie for Heath Bell turning into a disaster.

You can't blame Ozzie for a player punching a fan.

Times are tough in Miami. But I'm sure there's enough blame to go around without blaming it on the manager solely.

The owner prolly should have kept McKeon a few years. But Ozzie will win there if his players ever produce consistently.

That statement right there is why people think about you the way they do.

That's a manager's job, to get players to perform as best as they can, because that usually means they will win.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
That statement right there is why people think about you the way they do.

That's a manager's job, to get players to perform as best as they can, because that usually means they will win.

Just win, baby.

The millionaire players win games; the manager is a genius.

The millionaire players lose games, the manager is a bum.

Been that way forever; will be that way forever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
Just win, baby.

The millionaire players win games; the manager is a genius.

The millionaire players lose games, the manager is a bum.

Been that way forever; will be that way forever.

The millionaire manager's players don't come ready to play, the manager isn't at fault. The millionaire manager's players come ready to play, the manager is awesome.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)
The millionaire manager's players don't come ready to play, the manager isn't at fault. The millionaire manager's players come ready to play, the manager is awesome.

I just want to know whose fault it was the past few seasons when the pitchers werent keeping runners on, the throws werent going to the right bases and the runners made constant blunders. How has that all been corrected in a single season?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
I just want to know whose fault it was the past few seasons when the pitchers werent keeping runners on, the throws werent going to the right bases and the runners made constant blunders. How has that all been corrected in a single season?

Because the new manager isn't drunk and actually manages, he doesn't just sit around playing dominoes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)

Not even a single season, a single spring training.

I know it's been said before, but you guys know greg is probably just trolling the s*** out of all of you, right? Especially considering every time the Ozzie talk dies down, here he comes with another article or statement praising Ozzie for something. And even if he's not, who cares? He has his opinion, he loves Ozzie, he's not rational or objective in any way... whatever. It's not worth it to argue with him because you're never going to change his opinion, whether he's trolling or not.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
I know it's been said before, but you guys know greg is probably just trolling the s*** out of all of you, right? Especially considering every time the Ozzie talk dies down, here he comes with another article or statement praising Ozzie for something. And even if he's not, who cares? He has his opinion, he loves Ozzie, he's not rational or objective in any way... whatever. It's not worth it to argue with him because you're never going to change his opinion, whether he's trolling or not.

exactly. this is basically the greg loves ozzie thread and everyone argue against it lol

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)

How many articles has Greg posted in here?

I this last bout I kinda agree with Greg. Somewhere in MLB the word "professional" has to set in for players. These players want the big checks and get pampered. They are very fortunate people. In the real world people can do a great job and still get fired. Players usually don't need motivation around contract time.

Isn't the whole point of the Miami Marlins thread just to get a rise out of Greg. The people of Florida are not interest in the Marlins. Why should we?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
How many articles has Greg posted in here?

I this last bout I kinda agree with Greg. Somewhere in MLB the word "professional" has to set in for players. These players want the big checks and get pampered. They are very fortunate people. In the real world people can do a great job and still get fired. Players usually don't need motivation around contract time.

Isn't the whole point of the Miami Marlins thread just to get a rise out of Greg. The people of Florida are not interest in the Marlins. Why should we?

You can't find me bringing up Ozzie in any thread. I respond to those who attack him.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)
Greg what's the one common denominator between last years under-performing Sox team and this years under-performing Marlins team? You're gonna tell us that it's PURELY coincidence?

Uh-oh, that sounds like an attack.

Be very afraid of the repercussions, as you knoweth not what you do.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Uh-oh, that sounds like an attack.

Be very afraid of the repercussions, as you knoweth not what you do.

nah, i know what i'm doing. i just cant help myself.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 11:21 PM)
Greg what's the one common denominator between last years under-performing Sox team and this years under-performing Marlins team? You're gonna tell us that it's PURELY coincidence?

Obviously Mark Buehrle getting the f*** out of town was the best thing to ever happen to the White Sox.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 04:40 AM)
Greg i just want you to know im a big fan and if youre ever at a sox game that im at, ill buy you an ice cold o'douls

I think you are joking cause O'Douls is non alcoholic. I'll be at Friday's Sox-KC game tho.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 05:21 AM)

Yes it is coincidence. Have you taken a look at Oz's overall body of work in Chicago? It's a winning culture under Oz. Rotten last 2 seasons but even then decent records.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 05:46 AM)
Obviously Mark Buehrle getting the f*** out of town was the best thing to ever happen to the White Sox.

I love Mark Buehrle. Blasphemy.