The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Key difference of course being that Roy Williams was incredibly successful at both Kansas and North Carolina, whereas the White Sox were mediocre, inconsistent, and lackadaisical in Guillen's final 5 years. He has now gone on to Miami and has had an even worse record with an arguably more talented group of players.

I think it would probably more comparable to how Bears fans laughed at Mike Ditka when he coached the Saints. He had a really good run in Chicago but it was time for him to go, and then he took on the Saints job and proceeded to win 15 games in 3 seasons with the team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 01:44 AM)
You Oz haters sound like Kansas fans who hate Roy Williams for leaving for North Carolina. All he did at Kansas was win, just as Oz won in Chicago. Don't.Get.It.

You know why it is fun? Because Ozzie brought this on himself. He abandoned Chicago for greener pastures because he couldn't win the war he started against Kenny Williams. If his ego weren't bigger than his desire to win games, he would still be the manager of the White Sox.

I.Get.It.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 02:44 AM)
You Oz haters sound like Kansas fans who hate Roy Williams for leaving for North Carolina. All he did at Kansas was win, just as Oz won in Chicago. Don't.Get.It.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say that the hired gun coaches throughout college sports make me pretty ill. Good comparison. Bobby Petrino probably works too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 01:51 AM)
Key difference of course being that Roy Williams was incredibly successful at both Kansas and North Carolina, whereas the White Sox were mediocre, inconsistent, and lackadaisical in Guillen's final 5 years. He has now gone on to Miami and has had an even worse record with an arguably more talented group of players.

I think it would probably more comparable to how Bears fans laughed at Mike Ditka when he coached the Saints. He had a really good run in Chicago but it was time for him to go, and then he took on the Saints job and proceeded to win 15 games in 3 seasons with the team.

HATER!!!!

LOL

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 01:44 AM)

Aside from 2005 and maybe 2008, Ozzie didn't win in Chicago. He became a joke, especially in the last couple of years. And then he goes to Miami and does the same stuff. I would be surprised if he isn't fired before his contract is up.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 02:25 PM)
Aside from 2005 and maybe 2008, Ozzie didn't win in Chicago. He became a joke, especially in the last couple of years. And then he goes to Miami and does the same stuff. I would be surprised if he isn't fired before his contract is up.

I'm not making a prediction here, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired before the 2012 World Series ends.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
You know why it is fun? Because Ozzie brought this on himself. He abandoned Chicago for greener pastures because he couldn't win the war he started against Kenny Williams. If his ego weren't bigger than his desire to win games, he would still be the manager of the White Sox.

I.Get.It.

At least we agree KW was the winner of that war. No matter what Ozzie says in the future, he has to face the realization Kenny defeated him fair and square. Jerry was the one to choose and he chose KW.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
Nice, gregbot is back.

Where did I go? Luckily for me and everyone I was in chicago last weekend when the Sox got owned by KC. I probably would have freaked out in various threads.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
I'm not making a prediction here, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired before the 2012 World Series ends.

He definitely has a reality check in Miami working for the Loria wacko and his spoiled son. I'm sure Ozzie has had to sit in on endless nonproductive meetings like other people in America with horrible bosses.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
He definitely has a reality check in Miami working for the Loria wacko and his spoiled son. I'm sure Ozzie has had to sit in on endless nonproductive meetings like other people in America with horrible bosses.

What evidence do you have that he's gone through a reality check other than with the Castro comments?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 11:40 PM)
What evidence do you have that he's gone through a reality check other than with the Castro comments?

Read this regarding The Franchise getting canceled and again you see a kindler, gentler Ozzie. How can you not read his comments in articles and laugh your ass off. He's an entertaining guy. Do yu all deny that?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/21/2960...len-reacts.html

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
Read this regarding The Franchise getting canceled and again you see a kindler, gentler Ozzie. How can you not read his comments in articles and laugh your ass off. He's an entertaining guy. Do yu all deny that?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/21/2960...len-reacts.html

He keeps things interesting I don't think anyone denies that... but that is part of the reason people can't stand him.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 05:45 AM)
He keeps things interesting I don't think anyone denies that... but that is part of the reason people can't stand him.

I think people hate the concept of Ozzie Guillen and if they'd watch his interviews more they'd start to like the guy more. I think he's funny as hell. Sure he's got an ego as big as Mt. Rushmore, but so do most big leaguers. Robin is an excpetion. He was a great player but doesn't seem to have an ego at all. Good for him; prolly because he is a Midwestern bred kid, going to Okie State. College helps some of these guys grow up. To me ... Ozzie is one funny f***er and I don't give a flip about his kids. Those are spoiled brats, raised with money, money, money at all times. Don't care what his kids say; I know some of you do.

I think Ozzie is a riot.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 11:54 PM)
I think this needs to be quoted at the top of every new page in this thread going forward.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Ozzie has been as placid as Lake Elizabeth and Marie at 6 a.m. on a to-be-hot summer day since the Castro thing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
I think people hate the concept of Ozzie Guillen and if they'd watch his interviews more they'd start to like the guy more. I think he's funny as hell. Sure he's got an ego as big as Mt. Rushmore, but so do most big leaguers. Robin is an excpetion. He was a great player but doesn't seem to have an ego at all. Good for him; prolly because he is a Midwestern bred kid, going to Okie State. College helps some of these guys grow up. To me ... Ozzie is one funny f***er and I don't give a flip about his kids. Those are spoiled brats, raised with money, money, money at all times. Don't care what his kids say; I know some of you do.

I think Ozzie is a riot.

I will never understand why you love him so much, I don't think he is particularly funny. He has said a few things I laughed at but when you talk as much as Ozzie that is bound to happen... If you were in Chicago instead of KC which gives you more of an outside perspective you might feel different about Ozzie.