The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 05:58 AM)
I will never understand why you love him so much, I don't think he is particularly funny. He has said a few things I laughed at but when you talk as much as Ozzie that is bound to happen... If you were in Chicago instead of KC which gives you more of an outside perspective you might feel different about Ozzie.

That's possible, but I was in Chicago Friday through Sunday and I still love Ozzeroo.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
At least we agree KW was the winner of that war. No matter what Ozzie says in the future, he has to face the realization Kenny defeated him fair and square. Jerry was the one to choose and he chose KW.

Where did I go? Luckily for me and everyone I was in chicago last weekend when the Sox got owned by KC. I probably would have freaked out in various threads.

He definitely has a reality check in Miami working for the Loria wacko and his spoiled son. I'm sure Ozzie has had to sit in on endless nonproductive meetings like other people in America with horrible bosses.

Did you really just use a sentence with two names, one of which was Ozzie, while talking about a wacko and spoiled son and you were talking about the other person? That is just so rich!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
Read this regarding The Franchise getting canceled and again you see a kindler, gentler Ozzie. How can you not read his comments in articles and laugh your ass off. He's an entertaining guy. Do yu all deny that?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/21/2960...len-reacts.html

No, I don't see a kindler, gentler Ozzie in that article, I see an Ozzie who is still obsessed with himself.

And no, I don't think Ozzie's an entertaining guy...because Ozzie Guillen's teams keep playing bad baseball, in no small part because Ozzie doesn't have them ready to play/doesn't have any control or organization over his team, and I think bad baseball isn't very entertaining.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
No, I don't see a kindler, gentler Ozzie in that article, I see an Ozzie who is still obsessed with himself.

And no, I don't think Ozzie's an entertaining guy...because Ozzie Guillen's teams keep playing bad baseball, in no small part because Ozzie doesn't have them ready to play/doesn't have any control or organization over his team, and I think bad baseball isn't very entertaining.

A guy with a big mouth doesnt impress me nor is it entertaining to me. Those people are clowns and fade away when their act gets old. The only thing he has going for him is that he won a World Series 7 years ago, he should ask Bob Brenly how long you can live off of that one thing.

There are many coaches in pro sports that are outspoken and honest and none of them do it with as little class as Ozzie does.

Kinda seems like he's throwing the whole team under the bus here.

Guillen acknowledged that finding lineup protection for Giancarlo Stanton hasn’t been easy.

“Look around,’’ Guillen said. “Like, who? I need the FBI to protect him. Nobody on this team can. No one here can protect him.’’

Sounds like he's saying the guy has no protection because the rest of the team sucks.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:09 AM)
Did you really just use a sentence with two names, one of which was Ozzie, while talking about a wacko and spoiled son and you were talking about the other person? That is just so rich!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)

I'll stop commenting on Ozzie again since so many people get upset when I comment on Ozzie.

I did have one final question on the matter however that hopefully won't get me banned.

Which sentence best describes your position. ...

"I wish greg would stop commenting on Ozzie and never mention Ozzie again. His posts bother me greatly and I'm sick of them."

or ...

"I like reading greg's posts about Ozzie when Ozzie is in the news. They are harmless and I like discussing Ozzie with him."

Thanks. I'll now give it a rest and stop commenting on Ozzie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
I'll stop commenting on Ozzie again since so many people get upset when I comment on Ozzie.

I did have one final question on the matter however that hopefully won't get me banned.

Which sentence best describes your position. ...

"I wish greg would stop commenting on Ozzie and never mention Ozzie again. His posts bother me greatly and I'm sick of them."

or ...

"I like reading greg's posts about Ozzie when Ozzie is in the news. They are harmless and I like discussing Ozzie with him."

Thanks. I'll now give it a rest and stop commenting on Ozzie.

Soxtalk is obsessed with Ozzie. We have a Miami Marlins thread. It probably has more activity than a Marlin's fan site.

I do find it funny who these million dollar athletes are suppose to get coddled with words like grade school children.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 06:28 AM)
I don't follow the Marlins on daily basis but just heard on Mike and Mike interview with Buster Olney that Miami brass is not happy with Ozzie whatsoever. Olney said you can't rule out Ozzie getting canned. Crazy mother cow.

I can't think of one reason they would be happy with him. The team stinks. He's pissed of a large part of their fanbase. He's throwing players under the bus and they are trying to attract fans.He's getting back to all things Ozzie. The team he left instantly became better after his departure after dropping payroll. He IMO, is the biggest phony in sports in the sense when he puts a uniform on he thinks he's the most important piece of the puzzle.Basically, if he stopped trying to be what he thinks everyone wants him to be, crazy Ozzie, and just tried to be a manager, he'd be fine. I just don't know if that's possible. The Marlins don't like it, but he's been the same act since winning the WS.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 06:28 AM)
I don't follow the Marlins on daily basis but just heard on Mike and Mike interview with Buster Olney that Miami brass is not happy with Ozzie whatsoever. Olney said you can't rule out Ozzie getting canned. Crazy mother cow.

2 Years in a row he's taken a very good team and they've ended up in the s***ter under a cloud of his bulls***. I'd fire myself if I sucked that hard.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 07:43 AM)
I can't think of one reason they would be happy with him. The team stinks. He's pissed of a large part of their fanbase. He's throwing players under the bus and they are trying to attract fans.He's getting back to all things Ozzie. The team he left instantly became better after his departure after dropping payroll. He IMO, is the biggest phony in sports in the sense when he puts a uniform on he thinks he's the most important piece of the puzzle.Basically, if he stopped trying to be what he thinks everyone wants him to be, crazy Ozzie, and just tried to be a manager, he'd be fine. I just don't know if that's possible. The Marlins don't like it, but he's been the same act since winning the WS.

And he doesn't get the benefit of being able to point to a WS win in Miami. He didn't win it down there, they could care less.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 10:59 AM)
And he doesn't get the benefit of being able to point to a WS win in Miami. He didn't win it down there, they could care less.

Good point. That was always the elephant in the room when people in Chicago would discuss his faults. He would never fail to point it out either.

The Marlins have won 2 WS in the past 15 years, their fans don't give a s*** about some drought in Chicago.