The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
He Gawn!!!! So predictable.

Sort of. The Marlins timing has been odd to say the least. I thought they would send him packing right after the season ended, and when they didnt, and traded away Bell, I thought he skated.

Anyhow, this is what happens when you cheat on your significant other and then go move in with the person you cheated with. You get kicked out on your ass in about a year.

On the plus side, now Ozzie gets to be paid $7.5 mill to play games on his IPad and he doesn't have sit around in a dugout for 3 hours a night to boot. Oh, and he can drink all he wants to and not have to wake up in the.

(BTW, the Oney reaction is poetic)

QUOTE (ron883 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
I'm not surprised. Players love playing for Oz. How could you not?

Unlike greg, who I honestly believe does feel that Ozzie Guillen is a great manager, this feels more like a roamer who has enjoyed reading greg enough that you have started a satirical account on greg's behalf, which technically would make greg a celebrity.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Hanley Ramirez didn't.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Unlike greg, who I honestly believe does feel that Ozzie Guillen is a great manager, this feels more like a roamer who has enjoyed reading greg enough that you have started a satirical account on greg's behalf, which technically would make greg a celebrity.

This guy is copying me. Don't pay attention to him. I think it's 50/50 whether Ozzie is managing next season. He probably could use a year in the booth somewhere but I think his next stop is a team full of youngsters with no expectations (Royals).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
This guy is copying me. Don't pay attention to him. I think it's 50/50 whether Ozzie is managing next season. He probably could use a year in the booth somewhere but I think his next stop is a team full of youngsters with no expectations (Royals).

He needs a lot of time off. He is burnt out right now. Perhaps in a year, but I'm guessing that, if he does come back, it's going to be either a 2+ year hiatus from managing or he will come back as a coach of some type, and I think his ego is too big to come back as a coach. His heart simply isn't in it right now.

Besides, he's got $7.5 million reasons to relax for a little bit. He won't stay away from the game, but coming back too soon would be a very bad thing for him.

Oh, and going to a team full of young players would not be good for a guy who has such little patience. Perhaps it would be good for him in some regard because it would force him to calm down and let guys fail, but I think he'd be more likely to end up with a veteran team in need of a spark. I'll go out on a very long limb and say the Cincinnati Reds in 2015.

Ah here's a NATIONAL WRITER who has the same feelings as Greg.

Read it PLEASE. ...

Ozzie is not the devil but Loria and his minions? Ha. Ozzie gets the last laugh and gets paid for 3 years, no work and Loria looks for somebody that will kiss his ass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/a-peek-at-man...len-233710.html

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
I can't see Ozzie managing again anytime soon, maybe he'll go back to being a 3B coach where the Owner/manager forbids him from opening his yapper.

I don't think there's an owner besides Jerry that would have the balls to hire Ozzie. Now the question is will Jerry bring him back in the TV or radio booth? Again, probably not cause of the language barrier. He has time, however, to get a speech coach in the offseason to learn to speak slower. Bring him back to the South Side!!! I think even you guys who hate him wouldn't mind seeing him back in some capacity, right??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
I don't think there's an owner besides Jerry that would have the balls to hire Ozzie. Now the question is will Jerry bring him back in the TV or radio booth? Again, probably not cause of the language barrier. He has time, however, to get a speech coach in the offseason to learn to speak slower. Bring him back to the South Side!!! I think even you guys who hate him wouldn't mind seeing him back in some capacity, right??

And whats that tell you?? If he was truly a great manager an owner wouldn't care if he's a blabber mouth.

ONLY job I'll take him at is a 3B coach, nothing more.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
And whats that tell you?? If he was truly a great manager an owner wouldn't care if he's a blabber mouth.

ONLY job I'll take him at is a 3B coach, nothing more.

Would Robin bring him aboard?