2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
what are you guys blabbin about, miguel cabrera at 3b is a natural fit!/green /typingtoofasttogetcolors

What's really funny is the Tigers have gotten the worst production out of the DH spot in the American League. It boggles the mind.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
What's really funny is the Tigers have gotten the worst production out of the DH spot in the American League. It boggles the mind.

They will trade for Mark Kotsay soon

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
What's interesting is ticketmaster doesn't show the individual seats available for that series like they do for all the other games. The crowds will be bigger than normal, but I would be shocked at sellouts unless Brooks decides the Sox Save of the Week is the Cubs series.

$50+ on ticketmaster and stubhub? no thanks

All the crazy Terry Doyle talk can finally end:

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Sox released Triple-A Charlotte pitcher Terry Doyle so he could pursue opportunities in Japan.

Doyle was 6-3 with a 2.83 ERA in 12 games (11 starts) with the Knights.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Sounds like his agent does not like the Sox or Kenny.

I'd be kinda pissed too if I was passed over in favor of Axelrod/old-ass Eric Stults/AA pitcher (Quintana) right after being exposed and jerked around via Rule 5

That's professional baseball though, of course.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
I'd be kinda pissed too if I was passed over in favor of Axelrod/old-ass Eric Stults/AA pitcher (Quintana) right after being exposed and jerked around via Rule 5

That's professional baseball though, of course.

I'd be more worried about it if all of baseball hadn't passed on him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
I could be wrong, but I don't think Rule 5 draft picks have to pass through waivers before being offered back to their original team.

I don't think so either, but the fact is if any other team thought much about Doyle, if KW didn't want him, he could have traded him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Cubs changed rotation around, so Sox won't face Samardzija next week.

Looks like somebody pleaded to the manager so he wouldn't have to get beaned.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

Dunn rolled his ankle on Tuesday's homer. Unsure for Thursday. Actually showed us video of how it happened postgame

He did swing pretty damn hard on that one, lol.

Whoever was the genius wishing the Tigers to trade for Quentin... well, they are interested.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Sources: #Tigers have interest in trading for Carlos Quentin. He has a scorching 1.463 OPS in 12 games with #Padres since returning from DL

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:50 PM)
Whoever was the genius wishing the Tigers to trade for Quentin... well, they are interested.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Sources: #Tigers have interest in trading for Carlos Quentin. He has a scorching 1.463 OPS in 12 games with #Padres since returning from DL

I said the Indians or the Tigers...

Both need either a LFer or RFer, although replacing Brennan Boesch in RF would be the most likely move.

He would replace Johnny Damon in LF for the Indians...a lot depends on their confidence in Hafner and Sizemore coming back.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

That CQ guy seems to be a heckuva prospect so maybe we should look at trading for him? Might not take more than a couple iffy minor league pitching prospects to reel him in from the Padres. :unsure:

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

Just when you thought their defense couldn't get any worse